Job Title: Agriculture Internship
Location: Kimberley, South Africa
We at SAB (proud part of ABInBev family) are looking to attract ambitious, curious and driven Agriculture graduates to join us for 12 months (fixed term contract) structured internship programme.
The programme is designed to provide Agricultural graduates an intensive focused training program, where they will gain insight into every aspect of agricultural development within the South African Breweries environment.
The programme will include practical exposure to the following:
- Basic understanding of the malting and brewing process
- Operation of farm equipment
- Safety in the workplace
- Introduction to barley breeding and barley seed chain
- Research and development methodology and practical execution of field trials
- Input cost budgets and tracking
- Marketing environment and marketing of barley
- Production practices of raw materials for the use in brewing (barley, maize, sorghum, and cassava)
- Official certification: BASOS (fertilizer recommendations); AVCASA (Chemical recommendations), Grading courses (Barley and maize)
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Completed qualification or final year graduate (BTech in Agriculture or BAgric or BSC Agric Hon or MSc Agric
- Must major in Agronomy/ Plant production/ Crop Production and Soil Science
- No More than 3 years formal work experience post achieving your qualification (internship, vacation work, short duration contracts and part-time work experiences is not applicable)
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- A valid driver’s license would be an advantage
How to Apply
Apply Online for the SAB Careers
Apply Online for the ABInBev Agriculture Internship programme 2021
The post SABMiller: Internships/Learnership 2021 appeared first on Online Jobs.