Personal Assistant (24 Months Contract)
- Reference Number: refs/006854
- Directorate: Urban Renewal
- Number of posts: 1
- Package: R 257 508.00 per annum
- Enquiries: Ms M Tshabalala- 063 691 4046
- Matric plus Business Management/ Public Administration Diploma/NQF Level 5 or equivalent qualification 3 – 5 years’ experience in rendering support services to a Senior Manager. Competencies- language skills and strong interpersonal skills; good telephone etiquette; high-level computer skills, organizing and writing skills, detail orientated, time management, communication and conflict handling skills
- Provide a professional secretariat support function; general office administration, which includes but not limited to: receive telephone calls and exercise discretion; handle queries; perform advanced typing; liaise with key customers and stakeholders; ensure effective flow of information and documents to and from the unit. Diary management: arrange and schedule meetings; confirm appointments; preparation of agendas and record-keeping of meetings; book venues and handle logistical arrangements for meetings and workshops. Report writing; manage the overall procurement processes for the unit; coordinate and administer payment of service providers; manage monthly expenditures on goods procured and handling of petty cash; manage the leave register and telephone accounts for the unit and ensure the safekeeping of all documentation in the office in line with relevant legislation and policies; develop and manage a register of all incoming and outgoing documents in line with the business objectives of the Department and, conduct follow-ups with reports. Be proficient in the use of Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Applications should be submitted strictly online at www.gautengonline.gov.za / http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za and it should be accompanied by a Z83, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as certified copies of qualifications, Identity and valid driver’s license (where driving/travelling is an inherent requirement of the job). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. The Department reserves the right not to make an appointment(s) to the advertised post(s). No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Following the interview and exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency-based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic management and development for SMS posts.
Employer: Department of Human Settlements
Closing Date: 13-11-2020
|Do you have Matric plus Secretarial Diploma/ Public Administration Diploma/NQF Level 5 or equivalent qualification?
|Do you have 3 – 5 years’ experience in rendering support services to a Senior Manager?
|Do you have the following Competencies: language skills and strong interpersonal skills; good telephone etiquette; high-level computer skills, organizing and writing skills, detail orientated, time management, communication and conflict handling skills?
|Do you have a valid drivers licence?
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.
Other Posts To Apply for: