Position Title : Transport Logistics Leader
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for external inbound operations for KD kits, CBU goods and all sea freights from overseas plants/distribution centre to delivery to UD Trucks Southern Africa
Responsible for outbound logistics for the finished trucks from the plant to the customer end for UD Truck Southern Africa
Reporting : This role will be reporting to the Logistics Operations Manager
- Leading the transport logistics team in UDSA
- Monitor overseas shipments towards UD South Africa.
- Coordinate with stakeholders (e.g. shipper, customs broker) for all customs clearances for UD South Africa (except air shipments and outbound logistics for SML).
- Coordinate all returnable packaging.
- Review and process Logistics Service Provider (LSP) invoices for UD via South Africa SAP Workflow.
- Overseeing of all Customs compliance processes for UD South Africa
- Monitor and ensure LSP performance of the Cross-Dock operations
- Single point contact for all External inbound operations for the Plant
- Leading the team for Transport Products distribution for UD South Africa working in close co-operation with Sales, Plant operations and carriers.
- Controlling of UD Stock Yards
- Lean implementation for the scoped supply chain
- Maintaining ISO standards
- Participation in all Projects related to the areas of responsibilities
Education & Job Experience
- B-Degree -Engineering / Logistics Management / Operations Management
- 5 – 10 years relevant experience in Logistics & Customs Handling
Job Skills & Knowledge
- Working knowledge of the relevant regulations including Custom clearance
- Working knowledge of all related operational processes
- Knowledge of Supply Chain & Material management
- IT Knowledge: use of MS office (Excel, MS-word, PP). Operational knowledge on SAP
- Knowledge and understanding of the organisations systems, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and awareness of any new developments within operations.
- Leading people competencies
- Responsible and self-driven
- Ability to handle pressure
- Good and Clear communicator
- Pro-active in approach
- Open positive attitude, goal oriented, flexible and be able to work on his/her own.
- Ability to operate IT/Software used within the organisation.
- Managing LSPs and LSP invoices
- Reporting skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Business acumen.
“Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.”
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands – Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
UD Trucks is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date
The post Volvo Group: General Work Opportunity appeared first on Latest Jobs.