About Alfred Nzo District Municipality
Alfred Nzo District Municipality is one of the six districts of Eastern Cape province. It is named in honour of Alfred Baphethuxolo Nzo who is a former secretary-general of the African National Congress and minister of foreign affairs in Nelson Mandela’s cabinet. Alfred Nzo is the smallest and one of the poorest districts in Eastern Cape. Despite of this, the district aims to create a self-sustaining and quality life community with access to basic services, innovative development programmes and socio-economic opportunities.
Alfred Nzo District Municipality External Bursaries
The Alfred Nzo District Municipality invites qualified individuals for the 2021 academic year external bursary scheme.
The bursary provides financial assistance for scarce and critical skills such as:
- BSc: Community Water Services and Sanitation
- BSc Water Resource Management or any other water and sanitation-related qualification
- Town and Regional Planning
- Geographic Information System
- Maritime Studies
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Preference will be given to disadvantaged individuals with proven financial need
- Residents within Alfred Nzo area of jurisdiction
- Between 16-35 years old
- Students who have excellent academic records
- Students who wish to pursue studies at a recognised South African tertiary institution for the fields of study mentioned above
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and fill-up the Alfred Nzo District Municipality External Bursary Application Form. Application forms are also available from at: ANDM Offices, local municipalities, (Umzimvubu, Matatiele, Ntabankulu, and Mbizana) and Ward Councilors
- Accompany your completed application form with certified copies of the following documents:
- Motivation letter (section 4 of the application form)
- Grade 12 certificate or most recent results for current grade 12 learners
- Proof of enrolment or acceptance letter from an accredited tertiary institution
- South African ID
- Proof of residence
- Parents/Guardians proof of income
- Death certificate(s) affidavit, in case the applicant does not have one or both parents
- Send application form and complete documents to: The Senior Manager Corporate Services, Alfred Nzo District Municipality, ERF 1400 Ntsizwa Street, Private Bag X 511, Mount Ayliff 4735
Successful students will be required to sign into a contractual agreement with Alfred Nzo District Municipality. The agreement includes all general terms and conditions regarding the bursary. Alfred Nzo District Municipality has the right to determine the total number of bursary allocations for the academic year depending on the budget availability.
Opening & Closing Date
15 January 2021
Successful candidates will be informed on or before 28 January 2021.
Ms. A.N. Zibobo
Human Resource Development Section
Post: Private Bag x511 EmaXesibeni 4735
Address: Alfred Nzo Municipality Erf 1400 Ntsizwa Street EmaXesibeni
Tel: (039) 254 5112/5125
Fax: +27 (39) 254 0343
Email: [email protected]
View the Alfred Nzo District Municipality External Bursary Advert for 2020
The post Alfred Nzo District Municipality External Bursary 2021 appeared first on All Bursaries South Africa.