This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 05.11.2020. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : Transnet Freight Rail
Position Title : Horticulturist
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : Infra Engineeri
Location : Kimberley
Reporting To : Technical Support Manager
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 50015934
To manage the environment within Transnet Freight Rail network property to acceptable, environmental friendly standards, using cost effective, vegetative related solutions and environmental practices.
• Managed environment in Transnet Freight Rail network property, to conformity to the environmental and legal aspects
• Short term planned work schedules
• Vegetative stabilisation and rehabilitation
• Management of resources according to agreed Infrastructure standards
• Managed and control of the vegetative contracts
Qualifications & Experience:
• Be in possession of a (Code B) driver’s licence and be competent and prepared to drive such a vehicle.
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any
suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
• Must be in possession of a National Diploma in Horticulture.
• Must be registered as a Pest Controller.
• Physical fit
• Vegetative control practice
• Contract management procedures.
• Act 85/1993
• Chemical processes
• Capacity planning
• Environmental principles and standards
• Horticultural practices and principles.
• Machine operating
• Problem solving
• Report writing
• Contract management
• Team orientated working
• Management skills
• Quality awareness
• Self driven
• Customer orientation
• Technology minded
• Safety orientation
• Environmental awareness
• Environmental conscious.
• Physically fitness
“NB: The candidate must meet the minimum inherent health requirements of the job”
“NB: No emailed applications will be accepted”
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056