Location: Hotazel, Northern Cape, ZA, 8490
Company: South32 Group Operations Pty. Ltd.
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Our South African Manganese mines are found in the manganese rich Kalahari Basin, in the country’s Northern Cape, which is home to 80 per cent of the world’s manganese ore body.
- The purpose of the role is to be responsible for timely installation, repair and maintenance of equipment to ensure that mining activities are executed in a safe manner as well as operate equipment and tests all working parts in functional area to ensure proper utilization.
- Serious contenders will have a Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science /N3 Technical Certificate /N2 Certificate (Internal employees only) with a relevant either-or Diesel Mechanic or Fitter trade test with a minimum of 2 years’ technical experience in on underground mobile machines;
- Knowledge and experience on the Atlas Copco UG Drill Rigs (282 Rocket Boomers) and Atlas Copco UG Roofbolters (235H Boltec) machines is essential;
- Knowledge and experience of Sandvik Underground Drill Rigs (DD420); Sandvik Underground Drill Rigs (DD420) and Sandvik Underground Roofbolters (DS310) will be advantageous;
- Valid Code 08 Driver’s license is essential;
- Field service experience in Earthmoving equipment Mechanic or Maintaining Earthmoving Machines (Fermel and Normet) will advantageous;
- Experience in performing major rebuilds and or components rebuild will be advantageous;
- Experience in SAP/1SAP will be advantageous;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite is essential.
- Maintenance and repairs of machines in the workshop.
- Maintenance and repairs of machines in the production sections.
- Interprets and coordinates pre-work with regards to repairs, interpretation of hydraulic diagrams, planned and predictive maintenance;
- Accesses any area safely to perform necessary maintenance on machines or equipment;
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and assesses risks on equipment;
- Maintains a clean and safe worksite;
- Ensures the upkeep of maintenance tools and equipment;
- Coordinates activities associated with trouble-shooting and repairing maintenance equipment.
South32 has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
The post South32: Artisan Traineeship 2020 / 2021 appeared first on Online Jobs.