Location: Hotazel, Northern Cape, ZA, 8490
Company: South32 Group Operations Pty. Ltd.
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Our South African Manganese mines are found in the manganese rich Kalahari Basin, in the country’s Northern Cape, which is home to 80 per cent of the world’s manganese ore body.
- The purpose of this role is to manage and ensure successful production execution processes, while maintaining safety and costs.
- Serious contenders will have a Degree or Diploma Mining Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Production & Mining environment of which 2 years must be in a Line Leadership role;
- Mine Overseer Certificate of Competency/Mine Manager Certificate is essential;
- Experience of Underground Conveyor Systems and Plants will be advantageous;
- Knowledge of SAP and MS packages is essential;
- Valid code 08 driver’s license is essential.
- Manage mining operations and processes;
- Monitor daily achievement of targets;
- Plan areas to be mined for the production month;
- Embrace diversity and promote inclusion;
- Safely deliver volume targets;
- Sign-off and manage the execution of the Monthly Plans;
- Assist in implementing and assuring project work meets quality requirements;
- Responsible for safety and good housekeeping in their areas of responsibility;
- Support Safety and Health initiatives and campaigns.
South32 has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
The post South32: General Worker Opportunity appeared first on Latest Jobs.