Location: eMalahleni, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a full line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels and a global service network, we help customers safely and sustainably optimize their operations. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Komatsu has been a proud member of the Newberry business community since 2001, manufacturing construction equipment that is used throughout North America.
The position will be based at Exxaro Matla Colliery and the incumbent will report to the CPT Engineer
Customer support in terms of safety, coaching and achieving lowest cost per ton
Job Specification (not totally inclusive)
- Customer support in terms of safety, coaching and achieving lowest cost per ton
- Attend to maintenance and production activities and must be willing to travel between mines to ensure that this is successfully done
- Conduct daily pre-maintenance and inspections
- Report writing on all relevant activities on technical / operational issues
- Drive productivity improvement and quality performance
- Uphold safety standards and good housekeeping
- Effective negotiation and conflict handling skills
- Good report writing skills
- Must be willing to relocate
- Must be willing to work Standby if and when required
Education / Qualification
Minimum Skills and experience required
- Grade 12 with N4 with Maths, Science, Electrical and Mechanotechnology and Industrial Electronics and/or Engineering drawing
- Trade must be affiliated with Mining SETA. Qualified Millwright (MQA or CTC MIETTB trade certificate) or alternatively Qualified Electrician and Qualified Fitter (MQA or CTC MIETTB trade test certificate only) No other certificates will be accepted
- Flameproof and Gas Testing certificates (MQA or CTC) No other certificates will be accepted
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport
- Must be computer literate (MS Word, Ms Excel, MS PowerPoint and Salesforce)
- High level knowledge and experience on 7LS Shearer and Shortwall Operations
- High level knowledge and experience on 12HM31AAA, 12HM31B Faceboss 1 and 2, Fletchers
- At least 5-years’ experience on JOY underground equipment (CM’s etc.)
- Strong maintenance background with relevant Joy equipment knowledge.
Drive for Results
Essential Job Functions
Technical / Functional Skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The post Komatsu: Artisan Traineeship 2020 / 2021 appeared first on Latest Jobs.