Position Title: Senior Human Resources Business Partner (SNR HRBP)
The main purpose of the job is to support line managers at Volvo Trucks Retail and other allocated Business Areas/Units on HR related issues that drive business performance and to participate in the delivering of business goals.
Reporting: This position will report to the Director: Human Resources
The HR Business Partner will be responsible for the execution and control of the following HR processes:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance Management Process
- Volvo Group Surveys – Overseeing the process and ensuring action plans are implemented and followed through
- Job Profiling and structure alignment
- Ensure Headcount as per PIM (People Information Manager System) and Payroll alignment.
- Managing all labour related issues and management of non-performers.
- Employment Equity – Represent your BA/BU’s in the EE meetings and ensuring the BA/BU’s comply with agreed targets.
- Involvement in relevant communication/EE/skills forums.
- Drive and participate in discussions with the BA/BU’s on Talent review and Development plans for employees.
- Provide HR support to Managers at the different BA/BU’s to ensure talent and performance are handled effectively.
- Ensure the effective implementation of HR policies, procedures, guidelines and methodologies.
- Proactively build and promote strong employee trust and open communication between all levels by using the different Volvo tools, e.g. Leadership Pipeline, Performance Touchpoint, Volvo Group Survey Tools etc.
- Responsible for all wellness-related issues, which includes people health and safety, but excludes regulatory compliance.
- Develop and understanding of business objectives and practices.
- To provide effective coaching and consultation within the different BA/BU’s.
- Build relationship at all levels within the organisation to effectively maximise employee involvement.
Education & Job Experience
- Must have a BCOM Degree in Human Resources
- Must have a minimum of 5 to 8 years HR experience at a senior level
- Must have experience in a Production and Corporate environment
- Experience of the commercial vehicle environment will be an advantage
- Must have exposure to a unionized environment
Job Knowledge & Skills
- The ability to work in and adapt to a multi-branded Global organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work in a team with a strong shared services orientation
- Be able to establish good relationships with clients based on clear expectations and an agreement on deliverables
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Leadership and people skills
- Networking skills
- Judgement and decision-making (problem solving)
- Negotiating skills
- Organising and planning
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of operational HR
- Sound business knowledge
- Knowledge of the Truck Industry.
- Ethics and Value
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Planning and Organising
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Following Instructions and Procedures
“Volvo Group Southern Africa is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.”
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands – Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date
The post Volvo Group: General Worker Opportunity appeared first on Latest Jobs.