Our Veterinary team use their scientific background to provide technical expertise and education to our customers, sales and marketing teams. With a deep knowledge of pharmacology and animal health we engage scientific exchange with external experts and industry leaders ensuring the scientific value of our animal health portfolio is understood.
Our Animal Health Intensive Livestock team are looking for an individual to join the team that will lead the technical maintenance and servicing of poultry and swine equipment on farm and in the hatchery.
The individual will work within the Pig and Poultry team and will be of assistance to clients and Key Account Managers to ensure all equipment used for the application and administration of vaccines will at all times be functional. The individual should be prepared to travel extensively in South Africa and within Africa.
The individual should have adequate knowledge and experience in electrical engineering in order to repair/service devices that are used daily within hatcheries or on farm.
Training will be provided on all devices and the individual should be prepared to travel internationally to receive updated training on new devices and device upgrades.
The individual should be flexible – despite planning routine visits to clients, there may be unexpected device breakdowns which will be prioritized.
The individual will report to the Product Manager Intensive Livestock.
1. Adhere to all bio security measures related to the pig and poultry industry.
2. Insure the wellbeing and reporting of all equipment performance.
3. Accountability for stock on hand of service and maintenance kits.
4. Insure the smooth running of all services – being prepared for normal break down procedures.
5. Asist with equipment conversions to inline spray equipment.
6. Willingness to learn and adapt new skills.
7. Thorough communication with key account managers (KAM) about everything involving their clients and the status of the equipment on site.
1. Attend to local break downs within 24 hours.
2. Attend to international break downs within the booking time allowed.
3. Ability to problem solve with unforeseen or challenges that arise on site. Think on your feet and be innovative.
Installation of new equipment and routine maintenance:
1. Installation of new equipment with assistance of the KAM.
2. Planning regarding installation eg. material and consumables
3. Execution of installation from start to finish (first vaccination on site)
4. Training on installation with vaccination teams.
5. Follow up training where and when required.
6. Compiling and distributing service and break down reports within 48 hours.
Maintenance of all Equipment:
1. Maintain all equipment as per device SOP’s
2. Check spares with clients and give feedback to KAM as per what is needed.
- Although a degree/diploma is not required, a N3/N4 or equivalent qualification would be favourable. A minimum requirement will be a trade test.
- 3-5 years or more experience in an electrical engineering field is mandatory.
- Experience of repairing any electrical devices within Africa (outside the borders of South Africa) will be beneficial.
Our Animal Health division is a global leader in veterinary medicine and digital solutions dedicated to the health and well-being of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal health and well-being and supporting a safe food supply. Through our commitment to the Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and digital health management solutions including traceability and monitoring products that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
The post MSD: Artisan Traineeship 2020 / 2021 appeared first on Online Jobs.