Sappi Southern Africa
Technician Mechanical ( HRL15U )
Sappi Tugela Mill requires a Technician Mechanical to assists Mechanical and Project Engineers by carrying out various Mechanical project work, maintenance tasks, statutory requirements, technical investigations and management tasks.
This role reports in to the Engineer: Maintanance.
The main responsibilities of the job are:
PLANT AND MACHINE AVAILABILITY
- Draws up technical specifications / procedures, Capital and enquiry documents
- Adjudicates quotations and is also part of the selection of the successful contractor.
- Manages Capital and Improvement projects. This includes, interalia, laison with and supervision and motivation of project team members detailed planning, reporting and cost control -i.e Project Management.
- Assists with technical investigations / feasibility studies and investigates maintenance problems, producing reports containing detailed recommendations and changes to maintenance plans
- After discussion/ communication with Maintenance Engineer and on agreement, will be called upon to manage the implemantation of the recommendations.
- Provide specialist maintenance skills (SME) to section. In terms of specific plant and equipment where mechanical skills and particularly knowledge is lacking (i.e.: – Boilers, Multi-Stage pumps, etc.)
- Fault finding on plant and equipment not performing to OEM specifications.
- Fault finding related to plant and equipment causing production stoppages or reduced throughput capacity
- Is able to work without supervision but keeps the Maintenance Engineer fully informed when necessary.
- Observes Company safety policy and procidure in accordance with OHS Act and IRCA.
- Utilize all Sappi systems in the execution of the maintenance strategy and realization of the objectives
- Assist Maintenance Engineer with preparation of Capex and Maintenance budget
- Support MDT
- Support Plant improvement Projects (PIP)
- Shut implementation and supervision
ENSURE HEALTH, SAFETY, AND ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE
- Ensures a safe working environment with the development of safety and housekeeping strategies.
- Ensures that the Department complies in all respects with the relevant statutory requirements (OHS Act, Legal Appointment, etc) by implementing the necessary control measures and rectifying inadequacies and non-conformances.
The ideal candidate should have:
- NQF6: N. Diploma / NH Dip.
- Heavy industry experience 5 – 8 years
- SAP knowledge will be advantageous
Closing date: 30 November 2020
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The post Sappi: Artisan Traineeship 2020 / 2021 appeared first on Latest Jobs.