Country: South Africa
Appointment Type: Permanent
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Packing Artisan to join our team in South Africa.
To repair, service, maintain and adjust production machines in the Manufacturing Department with the purpose to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Service and commission the machines so that the mechanical downtime during production could be reduced.
- Apply troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques to improve machine efficiency.
- Repair major breakdowns optimally in order to minimize machine downtime.
- Execute conversions, improvements and overhaul machine components to ensure efficient utilization thereof.
- Align with EH&S requirements and internal quality standards to minimize risk.
- Maintain maintenance schedules and housekeeping standards to ensure cleanliness of machines and work environment.
- Install and commission production machines on an ad hoc basis.
- Follow Safety requirements in their Area including use of PPEs and confront unsafe behaviors
- Follow Quality / operational Procedures and enforce the Quality & Housekeeping Standards
- Ensure that required training completion is at 100% for their roles.
- Participate/ Lead ISO and PI&T Audits for their area
- 100% completion of safety and quality action plans.
- Education: Matric/Grade 12
- Qualified Fitter and Turner
- Three years’ experience in a fast paced consumer goods environment will serve as an advantage
- National Certificate in Cigarette Production Technology NQF Level OR National Certificate in Cigarette Packaging Technology NQF Level 4 would represent a huge advantage
- Trouble Shooting and Problem-solving Skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication and Decision-Making Skills
- Personal responsibility for development
- Technical and Operating Skills
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BAT SA (Pty) Ltd (ZA11)
The post British American Tobacco: Fitter and Turner appeared first on Online Jobs.