When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID, Drivers and qualifications.
MINE OVERSEER UG, D LOWER: SERITI COAL, NEW DENMARK COLLIERY, MPUMALANGA
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
- Ensures the effective management of employees to achieve all Safety, Health, Environmental, Planning and Production targets
- Legal responsibility for all activities under his/her control with regards to safety
- Responsible for the day to day management for his/her section with regards to safety, production and costs
- Planning in short and medium term to ensure targets are met
- Communicates all relevant legal and operational policies, procedures, standards and guidelines and ensures that these are implemented and followed
- Ensure that operational planning and production targets are achieved
- Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with other operational managers to compliment the operational value chain
- Meeting production targets with strict adherence to maintenance and production schedules
You will need:
- Diploma / Degree in Mining Engineering (NQF Level 7) would be advantageous
- Blasting certificate for Fiery Mines
- Mine Overseer’s Certificate of Competency or Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency – Coal Mines
- At least 5 years experience as an appointed underground Shiftboss
- Acting experience as an underground Mine Overseer
- Sound knowledge of Safety Systems, Regulations and Standards with high regard for safety and good safety record
- Sound knowledge of underground operations
- Good managerial, supervisory, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Mine Health and Safety Act
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate, control activities, cope with pressure, innovative and a self-starter
- Have sound knowledge of safety systems and standards and high regard to safety, regulations and standards
- Computer literate: MS Office
- Valid drivers license
- In possession of or able to obtain a certificate of fitness
Ref No: NDC113/GS
Closing date: 11 December 2020
Candidates can apply by going to https://seritiza.com/ and click on the ‘Careers’ tab.
A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.
How to Apply
The post Seriti Coal: General Worker Opportunity appeared first on Latest Jobs.