IUCMA| Internship Opportunity 2021
Closing Date: 18 December 2020 at 16:00
Location: Nelspruit, Head Office
The Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency is a water resources management institution established in terms of the National Water Act (Act 36 of 1998)to perform sustainable and equitable integrated water resource management within the Inkomati-Usuthu Water Management Area(WMA) in Mpumalanga. Highly motivated and creative individuals who want to join this exciting and rapidly growing institution qualifying on the minimum requirements stated below are invited to apply for the following vacancies:
As a pledge towards contributing to skills development, the Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (IUCMA) is inviting applications for 24 months Graduate Development Trainees (Internships)Program. This program is intended to attract unemployed graduates to afford them the opportunity to acquire work-based experience. Successful candidates will receive a stipend in line with the policy of the institution. The candidates must have obtained a minimum of an average of 60%for their final year academic records(Academic records must be attached). The component/field and requirements for the Graduate Development Trainees / Internships are indicated below:
|[x1] Human Resources
- National Diploma or Degree in Human Resources Management or Public Management or Industrial Psychology
(Ref no 24 / 20 / 21)
|[x1]Communications & IGR
- National Diploma or Degree Multimedia / Graphic Design
(Ref no 25 / 20 / 21)
|[x1] Supply Chain Management
- National Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain Management or Public Management or Public Procurement Management
(Ref no 26 / 20 / 21)
|[x1] Resource Quality Monitoring
- National Diploma or Degree Natural Sciences or equivalent qualification in one of the following fields: Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Water Resource Management, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology
(Ref no 27 / 20 / 21)
|[x1]Resource Planning and Operations
- National Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology, GIS, Hydrology, and Geohydrology
(Ref no 28 / 20 / 21)
|[x1] Compliance, Monitoring, and enforcement
- National Diploma or Degree Environmental Science, or equivalent qualification in one of the following fields: Geohydrology, Hydrology, Water Resource Management, and LLB
(Ref no 29 / 20 / 21)
|[x1] Water Use Authorization
- National Diploma or Degree Natural Sciences or equivalent qualification in one of the following fields: Geohydrology, Hydrology, Environmental Science and Water Resource Management.
(Ref no 30 / 20 / 21)
|[x1] Institutions and Participation
- National Diploma or Degree Development Studies, Community Development Studies or Communication
(Ref no 31 / 20 / 21)
|2x Information Technology (Network and IT User Support)
- National Diploma or Degree in Information Technology
(Ref no 32 / 20 / 21)
- National Diploma or Degree in Finance or Accounting
(Ref no 33 / 20 / 21)
|[x1] Risk and Compliance Management
- National Diploma or Degree in Finance or Risk Management or Auditing
(Ref no 34 / 20 / 21)
|[x1] Records and Auxiliary Services
- National Diploma or Degree in Library and / Information Studies and Archives and records management
(Ref no 35 / 20 / 21)
- National Diploma or Degree in Finance or Accounting
(Ref no 36 / 20 / 21)
|[x1] Internal Auditing
- National Diploma or Degree Internal Auditing or equivalent qualification with Auditing as a subject.
(Ref no 37 / 20 / 21)
- National Diploma or Degree in Public Management or Administration.
(Ref no 38 / 20 / 21)
|[x1] Office of the Executive: Water Resources Management
- National Diploma or Degree Natural Sciences or equivalent qualification in Microbiology / Chemistry / Biochemistry, Geohydrology, Hydrology, Water Resource Management and Environmental Science
(Ref no 39 / 20 / 21)
|[x1] Strategic Support
- National Diploma or Degree in Public Management or Administration
(Ref no 40 / 20 / 21)
Candidates must be 35 years or younger and unemployed, in possession of an appropriate post-school qualification, and not have previously served/participated in an internship program in the Public Service or Private Sector.
The Inkomati-Usuthu CMA is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment or withdraw the position. It is the institutions’ intention to promote equity through the filling of vacancies anticipating meeting all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of race; gender, and disability status is required.
Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record check, citizenship verification, financial / asset record check, qualification verification, and previous employment verification). Correspondence will be limited to the shortlisted candidates only.
How to Apply
Only Candidates qualifying on the above minimum requirements should apply as follows: Post or Hand Deliver a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) with at least 3 contactable references, certified copies of qualifications, ID, and Driver’s License (not older than 3 months certification) to Human Resource Division, Inkomati-Usuthu Catchment Management Agency, Private Bag x11214, Nelspruit 1200 OR 8thFloor, MAXSA Building, Corner Streak and Ferreira Street, Nelspruit. All candidates must complete a compulsory GRADUATE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME APPLICATION FORM obtainable from the IUCMA website or the IUCMA Receptions in Nelspruit, Bushbuckridge, and Piet Retief. NO FAX AND EMAILS APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Candidates who graduated must submit certified copies of the qualifications. Candidates still to graduate can submit an endorsed academic record that states the completion date of the qualification and the date of the graduation.
Enquiries: Mr. T Nkosi or Mr. C Sewela on 013753 9000
If you have not received a response from this institution within three months or any period determined by the institution subject to the recruitment volume after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.