The purpose of the Internship is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience through providing technical support to Analysts working in the Water Testing Laboratory, including data gathering/capturing, analysis of water samples and reporting.
This role includes providing an efficient analytical chemistry service in a professional manner and to the satisfaction of customers, while maintaining a safe working environment for one’s self and colleagues in all work areas. These positions are based in Durban & Pretoria.
- Carry out routine analyses for simple methods and/or instruments in an ISO 17025 laboratory under supervision and within required quality and production parameters;
- Operate basic equipment and instrumentation independently;
- Perform basic instrument maintenance;
- Prepare samples for analysis;
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality system and EHS procedures;
- Accurate, efficient and effective production at minimum turnaround times;
- Proficiency tests scores acceptable for work conducted;
- Ensure that adequate stocks for tests are available;
- Closure of Corrective Action Requests.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent three-year qualification;
- A BSc degree in Chemistry or Honours degree will be advantageous;
- Thorough understanding of ISO 17025 will be advantageous;
- Knowledge of water testing as it relates to a laboratory’s business;
- Ability to capture and report analytical data to superiors;
- Ability to interact with peers and superiors;
- Computer literacy and competency in MS Office;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail and the ability to work accurately and well under pressure;
- A candidate with a Code B drivers licence will be advantageous.
How to Apply
Apply Online for the CSIR: Analytical Chemistry Internship programme 2021
The post CSIR: Internships for 2021 appeared first on Online Jobs.