MultiChoice is a South African service provider that offers a variety of major subscriptions throughout Africa. The company has a subscriber base of over 13 million people, with its primary packages including DSTV, GOtv and Showmax.
Founded in 1994, MultiChoice has grown into one of the leading entertainment providers on the continent. Apart from the delivery of subscription services, Multichoice aims to encourage the development of different communities and initiate social transformation. The organization accomplishes this objective through investing in local talents with academic promise. Their bursaries offer students the opportunity to develop critical and scarce skills in multiple industries.
The MultiChoice Bursary Program 2021
The MultiChoice Bursary Program 2021 offers a range of bursaries in different fields of study. This financial aid is directed towards underprivileged students with a promising academic future and the drive to succeed. The assistance provided will include accommodation, prescribed textbooks, meals and a monthly stipend. A major portion of tuition fees will also be covered by the bursary. MultiChoice also offers work placement opportunities to selected candidates during the holidays.
The number of bursaries and fields involved can vary from year to year, based on the company’s funds and its particular needs. 2021 Bursaries will be awarded to students interested in the following fields of study:
- Sport Broadcasting
- Media, Film or Television Studies
- Digital Marketing
- Creative or Corporate Brand Communication
- Human Resources
- Economics or Law
- Computer/Data Science
- Finance (Accounting/Internal Audit)
- Engineering (Electrical, Computer and Digital)
- Information Systems or Technology
- Computational/Applied Mathematics
- Customer Insights Technologies
- UI, UX or CX Design
The funding awarded is only applicable for one year, after which a candidate will have to reapply for continued support. The bursary is available to students in any year of study.
MultiChoice Bursary Program 2021 Application and Requirements
Candidates interested in applying for the bursaries on offer will need to meet a set of different stipulations as specified by the field of study concerned. They will also have to meet these general minimum requirements to qualify for consideration:
- Be a South African citizen
- Be registered in a local university for one of the fields of study involved with the program
- Have an average passing grade of 65%
Applicants will be evaluated according to financial need and academic performance, as per the MCG external bursary policy. Final decisions are the sole discretion of the MultiChoice Group.
Students who wish to apply for this bursary will need to download the application form:
- MultiChoice Bursary 2021 Application Form (pdf)
The application can be completed digitally, or using a black pen and marking X to indicate your status. The following documents will also be required:
- A certified copy of your ID
- A certified copy of Guardian’s ID (where applicable)
- Proof of Household Income
- A copy of your Monthly Budget
- Past academic transcripts to date
- An acceptance letter from an accredited South African university
- A Pro-forma invoice from the University involved (A quote from the Institution)
- A Testimonial from your Lecturer or Faculty Dean (Where applicable)
- A brief CV
- A Motivation Letter
The application form and accompanying documents should be sent to: [email protected] before the deadline. Unsigned or incomplete forms will immediately be disqualified from the running.
31st January 2021
Address: 144 Bram Fischer Drive, Ferndale, Randburg, South Africa
Telephone Number: +27 11 289 3000
E-mail Address: [email protected]
The post MultiChoice Bursary Program 2021 appeared first on All Bursaries SA.