-You’ll make it happen
We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities, protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
Venetia Mine is South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine. As we develop the mine underground, it is also one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country. Venetia Underground Project (VUP) is a complexed underground mechanised development, shaft and mine construction project to deliver an operational Sub Level Cave mine operation. Experienced and effective management and control of the project works and mining operations through major contractors (EPC, Mining Contractor) and owner functions is essential for Safe, timely and effective delivery of the project.
-The role of an Artisan Auto Electrician is to maintain Venetia Mine Light Delivery, Service vehicles and Plant machines, e.g. Toyota LDV’s, Service trucks, Front end loaders, Forklifts, Service trucks, etc. and related equipment according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
You will also:
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of vehicles and machinery according to the maintenance requirements on a shift basis
- Attend to defects raised on pre-start reports, breakdown sheets
- Perform equipment over-inspection on work done by apprentices and operators
- Carry out scheduled and non-scheduled repairs as required
- Discuss work backlog and future work requirements with the Supervisor
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure.
- Adherence to policies and procedures
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health & Safety Act regulations, manufacturing and company standards
- Grade 12 certificate or relevant NQF level 4 qualification
- Auto Electrical Trade Certificate
Knowledge & Experience required:
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a vehicle maintenance workshop or support service infrastructure
- Valid Code EB/Code 8 Driver’s License
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate) on mine
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification
-Who we are
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect .
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
- Submit applications on or before the CLOSING DATE: 19 January 2021
The post De Beers Group: Electrician appeared first on Latest Jobs.