About Bitou Municipality Mayoral
Bitou Municipality, formerly known as Plettenberg Bay Municipality, is a part of Eden District Municipality located in the Western Cape Province. It has a population of around 49,162 people in 16,645 households as per the 2011 census. It covers an area of 992 square kilometres between the Indian Ocean and the Tsitsikamma Mountains around the town of Plettenberg Bay.
The municipality aims to improve the community through education of the youth, ensure access to economic opportunities as well as quality public services and create and maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment for its people.
Bitou Municipality Mayoral Bursary Fund 2021
Bitou Municipality invites all qualified students to apply for the bursary programme for the 2021 academic year. The bursary has no specific requirements on the areas of study for applicants so as long as the said applicant is already accepted at an accredited institution.
The bursary also will not require successful grantees to work for the Municipality as well as the municipality having no obligation to provide employment for the bursary holder. Payment of the educational assistance will be made directly to the institution. Prospective students are also encouraged to apply for as many alternative sources of funding as possible.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- A resident of the Bitou Municipality
- Reside within the Bitou Municipality OR parents owns rateable property within the Bitou Municipality
- Completed Grade 12 not before 2020 (only a Gap year + one year will be allowed)
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the Bitou Municipality Mayoral Bursary Application Form.pdf Copies of the application form are also available at the various Municipal Offices & Libraries during office hours.
- Attach certified copies of the following documents:
- A certified copy of your ID Document
- A certified copy of your Matric results or certificate
- A certified copy of your Full academic record (if currently at tertiary level)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution (Only applications from applicants already accepted at institutions will be processed)
- Proof of total household income of parents or legal guardian
- Declaration by the student if in recipient of any other bursary funding
- Banking Details of the Tertiary / Learning Institution on original Bank letterhead
- Send your complete applications to:
The Manager: Office of the Executive Mayor,
Bitou Local Municipality
4 Sewell Street
08 February 2021 (No later than 15:00).
Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted. Please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.
Shortlisted candidates may be contacted and required to attend an interview. If you do not receive any feedback, please accept that your application was not successful.
For any queries related to the Bitou Municipality bursary programme, please contact the Bitou Local Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Miss Thandokazi Siphungu
Address: 4 Sewell Street Plettenberg Bay 6600
Post: Bitou Local Municipality, Private Bag X1002, PLETTENBERG BAY, 6600
Tel: 044 501 3008
The post Bitou Municipality Mayoral Bursary 2021 appeared first on All Bursaries SA.