Barberton Mines (Pty) Ltd
Barberton, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Barberton Mines first produced gold in 1886. The mining complex now comprises three mines: Fairview, New Consort and Sheba.
A vacancy exists for the above position. Individuals that meet the requirements are invited to apply for this position.
Purpose of the job:
Install, maintain and repair electrical power installations, communications, lighting and control systems. Knowledge of Compressors, fridge plants, Ventilation fans, HT Substation, conveyor belts, crushers, winders and House wiring.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on specifications and Mine Health and Safety Act requirements.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit, cables and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
- N3 or Grade 12 qualification
- Relevant trade certificate (MIETTB Section13 or 26D)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Electrician
- Valid certificate of physical fitness for Underground
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to communicate with people on different levels
- Valid driver’s license
Selection will be made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan.
Should you not be contacted by us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Apply at the following link:
Job Closing Date
The post Barberton Mines (Pty) Ltd: Electrician appeared first on Online Jobs.