Location: Cape Town, Johannesburg
If you are as excited about technology, about driving cloud and its benefits, then an Oracle Internship may be what you are looking for.
Oracle is a cloud technology company that provides organisations around the world with computing infrastructure and software to help them innovate, unlock efficiencies and become more effective. We also created the world’s first – and only – autonomous database to help organize and secure our customers’ data.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure offers higher performance, security, and cost savings. It is designed so businesses can move workloads easily from on-premises systems to the cloud, and between cloud and on-premises and other clouds.
Oracle Cloud applications provide business leaders with modern applications that help them innovate, attain sustainable growth, and become more resilient.
The work we do is not only transforming the world of business–it’s helping defend governments, and advance scientific and medical research. From nonprofits to companies of all sizes, millions of people use our tools to streamline supply chains, make HR more human, quickly pivot to a new financial plan, and connect data and people around the world.
What You’ll Do
Join a fun and flexible workplace where you’ll enhance your skills and build a solid professional foundation. As an Oracle Graduate you will:
- Actively develop a depth of product knowledge in any of the designated Oracle Cloud or On Premise products range.
- Shadowing your team and specified groups in order to increase experience and knowledge.
- Develop awareness of all relevant competitive products on the market.
- Learn the skills of understanding the needs and pains of the customer in order to link them to a set of products/solutions provided by Oracle.
- Learn to effectively deliver product demos and presentations.
- Learn how to deliver high-quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations.
- Learn how to present and articulate Oracle products’ strengths relative to competitors’.
What You’ll Bring
Let’s see what you can achieve when you dare to be yourself. What we looking for:
- Bachelor level in a major in Business, IT or Engineering – Non-negotiable
- Graduated within the last three years with a Second Class Upper or First Class pass – proof of this will be requested
- Candidates must be South African nationals
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally.
- A good mix of analysis, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Learning oriented attitude and drive to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
- Keen interest for latest IT technologies /cloud computing.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
What’s in it for you?
- The launch pad for a stellar career.
- 12 months long Graduate program, with a specifically tailored onboarding and mentoring scheme.
- Ample opportunity to train on new products and to develop new personal and interpersonal skills.
- A combination of deploying product knowledge and sales abilities.
- A challenging and interesting work environment with the possibility for interaction with colleagues, customers and partners across South Africa and beyond.
- This is a unique opportunity to learn from the best. In this highly interactive and collaborative mentoring environment, you can expect to pick up new skills and knowledge at a staggering pace.
- A network of talented and motivated colleagues striving to excellence.
A career at Oracle is defined by you. We give you the freedom—and the skills—to write your own success story. Whatever avenue you go down, you’ll gain priceless learning experiences and be supported to do your best work.
Please include the following documents when you apply: CV, South African ID, Qualification Certificate & Transcript
This job code is utilized for the majority of our temporary hires. The individual is performing hourly job duties as defined under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).