Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Position Title: Engineering Technician
Reporting Relationship: No other staff members reporting to this position.
Primary Purpose of Role: To inspect, measure and test components, parts (Mechanical or
Electrical) and assemblies
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results
- Prepare project cost and work-time estimates
- Evaluate engineering proposals, shop drawings and design comments for sound electrical engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria, and recommend approval or disapproval
- Modify prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations
- Collaborate with production personnel to identify, define and solve developmental problems
- Draw or modify diagrams and write engineering specifications to clarify design details and functional criteria of parts and assemblies
- Conduct inspections at suppliers’ premises for quality control and assurance programs, reporting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Prepare contracts and initiate, review and coordinate modifications to contract specifications and plans
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair mechanical/electrical instruments or testing equipment
- Review existing electrical engineering criteria to identify necessary revisions, deletions or amendments to outdated material
- Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist production supervisors
- Analyse and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems
- Plan method and sequence of operations for testing parts and assemblies
N4, N5, N6, T2, T3 will be considered
Essential work skills
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Adherence to company policies and procedures including Quality Assurance and safety
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislations
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound verbal and written communication skills·
- High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail
- A team player with flexible approach and a willingness to learn
- A self-starter who is proactive and can set and achieve goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Hard working with a proven track record of skilled, hands on trade related experience required.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.