About Community Bursary Khutala (SAEC) 2021
The South Africa Energy Coal (SAEC) welcomes eligible candidates for the 2021 community bursary programme for Mpumalanga. The bursary program is open to all eligible community members living within the SAEC area of operations namely near eMalahleni and Middelburg. You are required to carefully read the applying criteria and eligibility requirements to ensure you prepare and attach all required documents. You may share this information with other eligible students as it’s very critical to a successful application.
The South Africa Energy Coal (SAEC) activities are located near eMalahleni (originally Witbank) and Middelburg, in the Mpumalanga coal mines. The SAEC is 92 percent held by South32, while the remainder 8 percent is held by the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment consortium led by Phembani Holdings.
Criteria for applying for community SAEC bursary 2021
The community SAEC bursary is a programme targeting the general public. It is a public bursary by SAEC and all applicants MUST fulfill the following requirements.
- They must be genuine South African citizens – citizens by birth
- The applicants must be residing within the area of SAEC operations meaning their homes must be within eMalahleni and Middelburg locality.
- The applicant must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric recently
- They must be enrolled in college studying Bachelor’s degree/diploma or actively seeking to be enrolled in college
- Every student living near eMalahleni and Middelburg and who is enrolled or intends to enroll in an accredited community college in South Africa is welcome to apply.
The bursary covers
- Tuition fees (full payment)
- Books allowance
- Basic medical aid coverage for students who aren’t covered yet
Community Bursary Khutala (SAEC) 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
The 2021 SAEC community bursary is open to all eligible students. Before applying, ensure you have the following documents as proof that you are a current student or are planning to join a college in 2021. Your application will be rejected if you fail to attach all required documents.
- Your certified identification document
- Full tertiary transcript on letterhead if you are currently a student
- Evidence that you are a student in an accredited community college. Attach your registration form and it must be on letterhead
- Provide evidence that you are a resident within the SAEC area of operation. The letter must be written by a member of the council. You can also attach a copy of your municipal account for water or electricity bill
- If you are in Matric, do a copy and attach your most recent school results statement in Grade 12
- If you have completed Matric, attach a copy of your final results
- If you are studying at Higher Education Training, attach a copy of your 2020 June academic record or progress marks
- Prepare and attach a short CV
NOTE: SAEC isn’t obligated to provide vacation work. However, SAEC may consider an applicant if it becomes necessary for them to obtain their qualification. There is also no work-back obligation for bursars after completing their studies.
How to Apply and Application Details
Applicants who qualify for the bursary can also apply online at http://www.careerwise.co.za/ applications. Together with the form, applicants should also submit scanned copies of the above-required documents.
Note the Closing Date: 05 February 2021. Any applicant who will submit their application after this date will be rejected immediately. To be on the safer side, ensure you apply before this date.
Use this promotional code KHTCOMM21 for the purpose of tracking your application for this bursary programe.
For any issues related to the bursary applications, please contact to [email protected]
If you need further information concerning the SAEC community scholarship 2021, kindly visit, call or write at the address mentioned herein.
CareerWise (Scholarship Administrator for South32 Khutala Colliery Scholarship (SAEC)) directly,
Tel: 086100 7787
3415 Plaas Cologne, Ogies, 2230, South Africa.
Community bursary email: [email protected]
The post Community Bursary Khutala (SAEC) 2021 appeared first on All Bursaries SA.