KwaDukuza Municipality invites applicants to apply for Student Financial Assistance / Bursary Programme 2021 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing Date: 05 March 2021 @ 15:00
The purpose of the student financial assistance programme is to provide Registration/Admission Fee assistance to the value of R 5 000.00 to academically deserving, needy and historically disadvantaged students.
MINIMUM SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
Grade 12 with University entrance/ endorsement. Applicants must reside in KwaDukuza (and must produce original Proof of residents)
KwaDukuza Municipality wishes to call for applications from potential students residing within KwaDukuza Area of jurisdiction, who intend to further their studies in any of the reputable and recognized public tertiary institution within the Republic of South Africa.
Applicants must be eligible to register for full-time under-graduate studies or should be studying towards a recognized (National Diploma or Degree at an accredited South African public higher education institution to pursue their studies in any field.
To support Governments call for Free education, the KwaDukuza Municipality’s financial assistance will be targeting returning students and open to all fields of studies. A minimum of 60% of the available budget will cover students who intend pursuing non-scarce skills required by local government.
THE BELOW LOCAL GOVERNMENT SCARCE SKILLS WILL BE ALLOCATED ONLY 40% OF THE AVAILABLE BURSARY BUDGET
- Built Environment (Architecture, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Town &; Regional Planning, Civil engineering, Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) etc.
- Commerce (Logistics or Supply Chain Management, Internal Audit, Accounting, Property Valuation, Risk management, Public Finance)
- Environmental Management, Horticulture, Occupational Health and Safety, Library Science, Performance Management/ Monitoring & amp;
- Evaluation, Housing, Legal, Community and Economic Development studies,
- Local government management
THE FOLLOWING MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION:
- Letter of motivation (explain why you believe you are deserving of a bursary).
- An original certified copy of your matric statement of results as well as a certified copy of your endorsed (B/D) Matric certificate (with Matric exemption)
- An original certified copy of your official progress report, indicating marks, symbols, percentages obtained in all examinations written.
- An original certified copy of your identity document.
- Copy of the admission requirements from the academic institution for the intended course of study if you have not already been accepted.
- Copy of the curriculum (indicating the number of years of study, number of modules/subjects to be taken) from the academic institution for the intended course of study.
- Printout from the academic institution of the tuition fees that will be required.
- Income and expenditure statement of parent/legal guardian. (Proof of income must be provided) or a letter from the Department of Labour and an affidavit stating that the parent/s are unemployed.
- Original certified death certificate/s of parent/s, if deceased.
- Letter of recommendation from Operation Sukuma Sakhe War-Room or Social Workers (Optional)
How to apply
The application should be submitted in a sealed envelope and should be marked “KwaDukuza External Bursary 2021” and be submitted to, The Municipal Manager: KwaDukuza Municipality, P.O Box 72, KwaDukuza, 4450 or hand-delivered to KwaDukuza Municipilty, Human Resource Office at the OK Mall Building, First floor, corner of Hullet and Chief Albert Luthuli Street.
Application forms are available at the KwaDukuza Youth Centre, all libraries within the jurisdiction of KwaDukuza and other municipal offices.The form can also be downloaded on the KwaDukuza municipal website: www.kwadukuza.gov.za
Enquires: Mr. Wiseman Cele – 032 437 5170 email: [email protected]
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom