Mascor is a group of franchised motor, agricultural mechanisation and fuel dealerships with its Head Office in Greytown, South Africa. With 50 years in the Industry, we offer the most professional and high-quality service, standards and workmanship in all the Countries that we operate.
Mascor is currently looking to appoint a Master Diesel Technician for our John Deere Workshop in Kokstad, KwaZulu Natal.
Agricultural Engineering,Artisans,Civil Engineering,Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Operator,Plant & Workshop,Technical
Agriculture,Automotive,Construction,Environmental / Horticulture / Agriculture,Freight / Shipping / Transport / Import / Export,Logistics,Mining,Production
- Accurately diagnose and repair agricultural units and equipment within the alloted time frame
- Assures quality of work
- Perform advanced removal, replacement and diagnostic work on units and equipment
- Perform basic/complex equipment / outdoor power equipment repairs as requested by the Service Manager or Workshop Foreman.
- Perform diagnosis and repairs in the field as required.
- Participate in all job-related training and development.
- Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Maintain current product knowledge and competitive products.
- Participate in service training modules and courses required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Maintain condition of units, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Mentor Service Technician Apprentices.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Report any additional work required on machines to the Service Manager or Workshop Foreman, for proper safe operation by the customer.
- Account for all time worked and parts used in performing assigned tasks.
- Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly manner.
- Conduct oneself in the presence of customers in a manner representing the professional image of the Dealership.
- Technical qualification (Served apprenticeship and is a Qualified technician)
- Technical experience
- Totally service minded and service orientated
- To be computer literate
- Availability to work after hours, weekends and public holidays should this be necessary.
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of agriculture equipment.
- Excellent /good working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Good skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Valid Drivers Licence
Job Closing Date