CITY OF JOHANNESBURG
Group Corporate & Shared Services: Group Human Capital Management
6th Floor, B Block Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
PO Box 1049 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2000
Tel +27(0) 11 407 6111 – Fax +27(0) 11 339 1878
VACANCY BULLETIN: STC 005/2021
EXPANDED PUBLIC WORKS PROGRAMME – (EPWP)
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Health Department has the following job opportunities until end of June 2021
The department is inviting unemployed individuals to apply to provide various services within the health facilities. The suitable candidates will be required to assist with general work, queue marshalling and administrative duties / data capture.
The details are as follows:
1) Department: Health
Branch: IPPR Health
Salary: R3 500 pm (monthly stipend)
Location: Health Department facilities
• Grade 10 or higher
• Ages 18 years and older (youth preferred)
• People with disabilities
• Knowledge of the City’s process, best practices and policies and procedures on Health and Social issues;
• Numeric and good writing and verbal communication skills; and
• Different uses of electronic devices such as sending emails, using the internet.
Primary Function / Key Performance:
• To clean the waiting areas, consulting rooms, offices, kitchens, laundries etc.
• To ensure that all surfaces used for clinical procedures are cleaned/dusted appropriately prior to setting up of clinic procedure areas.
• To sort and Change soiled linen in all consulting rooms
• Empty dustbins and ensure that immediate surroundings of the clinic are kept free of litter
Administration assistant / Data capturer
• Data capturing/completion of clients records and updating of client’s information
• Compiling monthly statistics of clients who accessed the clinic
• Filing of completed client’s cards in alpha – numeric or chronological sequence and retrieval of files on request from departmental personnel
• Make necessary appointments for services using the appointment method in various clinics
• Co-ordinate ordering of stationery, clinic records and necessary printed material to ensure adequate supplies within the clinic
• Recording discussions and typing minutes of departmental meetings and forwarding to specific personnel
• Welcome patients and visitors
• Assist in giving information and directing clinic clients in various streams and ensure smooth patient flow
• Screen patients in the waiting areas
• Managing, controlling queues, direct clients to appropriate areas of the facility
• Oversee helpdesk and attend to patient enquiries
• Performing of any other duties as delegated by supervisor (applies to all responsibilities)
Leading Competencies: Collaborative/Teamwork & Accountability. Emotional intelligence. Sound judgement. Work independently and under pressure.
Core Competencies: Customer and Service Delivery Management (Batho Pele) Ethics, HR Values and CoJ Values, Integrity and Professionalism Impact and Influence and Confidentiality.
An Application letter and comprehensive CV; proof of residence, certified copy of ID; an affidavit declaring no criminal record.
Samuel Ndou: (011) 407 7062
Kgomotso Mogotsi: (011) 407 6396
Promise Mbedzi: (011) 407 7048
Nonhlanhla Mtshali: (011) 407 7436
All applications will be through the website using this link:
COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM HERE
CLOSING DATE: 09 FEBRUARY 2021
VACANCY BULLETIN: 005/2021
The post EXPANDED PUBLIC WORKS PROGRAMME – (EPWP) General worker appeared first on LEGIT POST.