Job Title: Electrician Apprentice
Location: Koedoespoort, Pretoria
Transnet SOC Limited is a focused freight transport company delivering integrated, efficient, safe, reliable and cost-effective services to promote economic growth in South Africa. Transnet’s core businesses are: Transnet Freight Rail, Transnet
Engineering, Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Port Terminals and Transnet Pipelines.
As part of Transnet Human Capital Development Strategy, Transnet Engineering is offering comprehensive bursaries to students to be trained as Artisans.
- Attend theory training
- Write knowledge review tests
- Participate in the practical training component
- Perform workplace component and record progress in the logbook
- Complete training request form to request assessment and submit to Trainer
- Prepare for trade test
- Complete assessment and evaluate assessment process
- Receive feedback of final assessment results
Qualification & Experience
- NTC2 with 4 relevant trade subjects passed or
- National Certificate (Vocational) Qualification NQF Level 3 or higher with relevant 7 subjects passed or
- Technical Matric including Pure Mathematics and Physical Science passed with relevant trade theory
- Time Management
- Attention to detail
- Good listener
- Results oriented
NB: THE FOLLOWING ARE ADDITIONAL SHORTLISTING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Applicants must be SA citizens without any other bursary obligation from other organisations.
2. Preference will be given to applicants considered as South African Youth (under the age of 35).
3. Preference will be given to applicants with outstanding results.
4. Appointments will be made in terms of the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and Recruitment and Selection Policy.
5. All training will be done in the relevant Transnet School of Engineering Campus. Please note that NO accommodation and transport assistance will be provided before, during and after appointment.
6. On successful completion of the program, there is no guarantee for permanent employment and you will be released to look for work in the market. This is only a training opportunity.
7. Please submit a cover letter indicating your choice of trade that is relevant to your subjects, your CV, certified copy of relevant qualification/s and certified copy of ID
How to Apply
Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted
E-mail : [email protected]