Provides Basic Life Support health care services to patients under the direction and responsibility of an Intermediate Life Support and/or Emergency Care Technician, practitioner.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs many of the following responsibilities as they pertain to assigned programs:
• Examines patients and compiles medical data, including health history.
• Driving (Responding) and staffing ambulances and other emergency vehicles. Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment and making diagnoses within scope of practice. Transporting patients to hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit. Providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment.
• Documents and maintains patient records of services and related records.
• Participates in employee training and orientation programs.
• Participates in marketing activities, as per direction from management or self-driven.
• Provides medical attendance at events, if required.
• Ensures that equipment is maintained and emergency vehicles are cleaned daily and in operational order.
• Ensures that an accurate log of all travel is maintained.
• Processes stock replenishing requests and ensures effective accountability thereof.
• Supervises BLS Volunteers, students and observers within admin oversight, not operational.
Assigned ILS Paramedic, ALS Paramedic and Managing Director.
Knowledge & Skills
• Good communication skills are a must. Must be able to understand and converse in Afrikaans at a basic level.
• Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
• Fully competent with Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (One & two rescue CPR, Heimlich maneuver and basic sweep of airway)
• Sound knowledge of applicable Personal Protective Equipment and Scene Safety.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Code 10 & PrDP.
Experience, Criminal Record Status & Education
• Current National BAA registration with the HPCSA.
• Certification must be current with all applicable education/re-certification requirements completed.
• 1 years experience in the medical field as a BAA medic, driving an ambulance, may be substituted for volunteering for TP for more than 3 months.
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English at Alta language test level 3+
• Licensure must be current with all applicable education/recertification requirements completed.
• Must have a current SAPS Clearance certificate, or having completed their PrDP within the last 6 months (With last mentioned, a SAPS clearance application must be submitted for proof of obtaining a clearance).
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Primary duty station(s) are located in Wolmaransstad & Klerksdorp, North West, may be requested to relocate based on operational needs and business growth.
• Place of duty and environmental conditions can be extremely austere, harsh, and work can be performed under life-threatening conditions.
• All employees will undergo Random Drug Testing.
Ability to travel domestically