National Museum invites unemployed youth to apply for Archeology & Anthropology Internship Programme 2021.
Internship Application Closing Date: 25 February 2021.
Internship Location: Bloemfontein, Free State
The Archaeology Department and Florisbad Quaternary Research Station offer a 12-month internship for a motivated post-graduate student, preferably in a Masters level, are about to embark on a Masters level or equivalent program at a South African University in the field of African Pleistocene Archaeology with a focus on hominin behaviour.
The internship comprises a combination of laboratory work focused on curation of excavated archaeological materials, data collection on important Stone Age collections and experimental research, and will involve working with scientists in the Archaeology Department and at the Florisbad Quaternary Research Station on research projects.
SALARY: Stipend depending on qualification level.
Key Performance Areas
- Research projects, collect data on stone artefact collections.
- Assist with management and curation tasks of artefact and fossil collections
- Provision of support for educational and outreach activities in order to popularise African
- Archaeology/Quaternary research amongst local communities as a field of expertise.
- A knowledge and interest in African Archaeology/ African Prehistory/ African
- Quaternary Science.
- University BSc or BA degree (Archaeology or Geology) or Honours level qualification and an interest in pursuing/current involvement in a post-graduate studies.
- Computer literacy.
- A knowledge of statistical analyses will be an advantage.
- A valid (unendorsed) Code 8 driving license.
How to apply
If you meet ALL the stated requirements, kindly e-mail your application to [email protected], including a covering letter, a copy of your identification document, copies of qualifications and a comprehensive CV (including three referees with their contact details). In addition please supply a list of research publications in peer reviewed journals for last 5 years.
- Communication will be limited to the short-listed candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a comprehensive selection process
- The National Museum is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented
- individuals to achieve its equity objectives. In this regard, the Museum is operationalising its
- program to develop black scientists. Therefore people from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are urged to apply.
- The National Museum reserves the right not to fill an advertised position.
- Applications not meeting the criteria will be disqualified.
- Should you not hear from us within 21 days after the closing date, consider your applicationunsuccessful.
- Enquiries: For further enquiries, contact [email protected]
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom