Midvaal Local Municipality invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy EXTERNAL FIXED TERM OPPORTUNITY TO VAAL MARINA RESIDENTS
- Responding on daily tasks and orders from the Station Officer
- Attendance to the workplace
- Testing and Checking of vehicles and equipment
- Cleaning of equipment and vehicles
- Reporting of any malfunctions to the officer on duty
- Assist with combatting of fires by responding with senior personnel to incidents
- Adhering to command on scenes
- Fighting of grass and wild land and structural fires
- Protecting property from fires as well as fire equipment.
- Attending to control room duties when required.
- Any other tasks given to him/her by his/her superior
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF 3
- First aid level 1 will be an added advantage
- Code EC or C1 (14 or 10) Driver’s License
- Medically and physically fit to conduct operational duties
- Must be able to swim
- Candidates shouldn’t suffer from any phobias e.g. claustrophobia, acrophobia
- Experience or knowledge regarding fire and rescue will be an added advantage
- A hard working and self-disciplined person
THIS IS A DEVELOPMENTAL OPPORTUNITY AND SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE THE NECESSARY TRAINING, CANDIDATES THAT HAVE ANY FIRE FIGHTER QUALIFICATIONS WILL HAVE AN ADDED ADVANTAGE. THIS OPPORTUNITY IS AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS FROM THE VAAL MARINA COMMUNITY
:00REFERENCE NUMBER: MN 1931/20
Please note that transport and accommodation costs, to and from Midvaal, are not reimbursed. Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.
Benefits: Usual fringe benefits are applicable, unless otherwise resolved.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy must register their application via the electronic job board PNET or via the Midvaal Local Municipality website. For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7440.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.
Fire Department Contract:
Fixed Term Contract Remuneration:
R 5 300.00 P.M. (R 63 600.00 – R 87 485.00 P.A. 03 YEAR CONTRACT)
EE Position: Yes
Closing Date: 28/01/2021
Do you require help with the registration process?
Our Support team is here to assist. Tel: 010 140 3099 Email: [email protected]
The post Free Firefighter X10 Training appeared first on Online Jobs.
The post Firefighter Free Learners X200 appeared first on Latest Jobs.