Business Unit / Group Function:
Rustenburg, South Africa
Experience / Work Type:
Entry Level / Permanent Employee
19 February, 2021
Closing Date: 19 February, 2021
Come and join this dynamic, driven team. You will ensure that all systems are maintained and optimised to ensure that the capacity to the production process is maximised. In return, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow as a professional with this diverse team.
You take your responsibilities seriously. That’s why we want you.
High performing teams that work together to make decisions and get things done more effectively are crucial to Anglo American’s success.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
We strive to create collaborative working environments, where inclusion and diversity is celebrated. We recognise that diverse views encourage and support high performance and innovative thinking. So, we always treat people with respect, dignity and common courtesy, regardless of background, lifestyle or position. In this way we encourage accountability, build trust and enable our colleagues to deliver results and reach their full potential.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Attend to call outs throughout the plant to ensure optimal system performance, using SLAM to ensure that all areas are safe before proceeding with fault finding
- Calibration and maintenance of all equipment within the control solution. You will receive direction from your First Line Manager and will receive your dispatched job cards to complete on a daily basis, ensuring you prioritize all tasks assigned
This role is in the Engineering department at a C2 level and reports into the Instrumentation Foreman.
In order to be successful in your application, you will have:
- NQF level 3 or equivalent
- Anglo Platinum Recognized Instrumentation Trade Test
- Working experience with ASI and PA networks, as well as SCADA and Siemens PLC, as well as basic field instrumentation
- 2 years relevant experience in a similar position, preferably from a pyrometallurgical / processing environment
In addition, you will have:
- Good communication skills in English
- Valid drivers licence code 08
If successful, you will be required to undergo a Medical Fitness Certification. You will be expected to do shift work when required.
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
If your application is successful, criminal and other background checks, where appropriate, will be required.
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
19 February 2021
The post Anglo American: Instrument Mechanician appeared first on Latest Jobs.