- To support the team in achieving all Product, Process and System Quality targets and drive optimisations
- Ensure problems are contained and not transferred to internal or external customers
- Ensure all required records and documentation are retained and updated
- Ensure adherence to ISO 9000 and ISO 14000
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment is maintained and repaired to the required quality standards
- Support the production team in achieving the Production volume, by quick response to breakdowns
- Needs to develop knowledge and skills to ensure good support in all fields of the BIW environment (i.e. electrical and mechanical)
- Perform planned maintenance activities on non-production days on a voluntary basis at applicable wage/overtime rates
- Esure all breakdowns are resolved or handed over, any additional time at the applicable wage/overtime rates.
- Support his manager and implement measures to achieve Budget, Volume and Equipment Productivity
- Drive continuous improvement in technical availability
- Reporting breakdowns in timely manner using specified methods and systems
- Eliminating equipment failure by means of preventative maintenance – TPM and PM
- Scope of equipment responsibility, all BIW specific equipment
- Fault finding on integrated systems
- Adherence to maintenance rules of conduct
- Needs to plan optimum usage of available spares / equipment during breakdowns and preventative maintenance actions to the advantage of the plant
- Share knowledge freely with all colleagues to ensure growth in team skills
- Take ownership for personal / soft skills development
- Assist management in achieving the Environmental (ISO 14000) targets and conform to all BMW standards and procedures
- To ensure that all work is performed competently and in accordance with BMW specifications, the OHS Act and ISO 14000.
- To ensure that all equipment and work areas are safe at all times to prevent accidents or injury to personnel.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in accordance with safety regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- N6 Electrical and Mechanical.
- Trade Test.
- Problem Solving skills
- High level technical and analytical skills
- 3 years related experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance in an automated productive environment.
The post BMW: Artisan Traineeship 2021 appeared first on Latest Jobs.