Under the supervision of the Fire Chief, the Firefighter responds to multiple-types of emergencies operating as a firefighter. Maintains vehicles, equipment, tools, and protective clothing in a serviceable condition. Extinguish fires and takes precautions to prevent fire rekindling. Operates pumps, foam generators, turrets, nozzles, and other firefighting tools and equipment. Exercises caution to avoid personal injury and property damage and comply with strict health and safety standards. At the site of a fire protects and preserves evidence indicating the cause of the fire. Properly wears personal protective clothing. Conducts and take part in frequent reoccurring proficiency training, OJT and maintains required certifications. Performs other duties as assigned.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Participates as a positive team member and understands and conforms to the LOGCAP V contract Performance Work Statement.
- Actively participates and maintains a safe workplace, ensuring safety is the highest priority.
- Complies with all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) and Quality Assurance (QA) requirements and goals.
- Maintains documentation as necessary to meet these requirements.
- Ensures emergency equipment is operational and in a state of readiness as required by NFPA or other industry standards.
- Maintains and clean personal protective equipment and works as an effective team member in cleaning equipment and facilities.
- As part of a team conducts fire inspections, pre-incident planning and ensures that facilities are safe and documentation is recorded and tracked.
- Operates computerized digital fire alarm receiving equipment including two-way radio communications equipment.
- Performs additional property control and logistical duties in support of fire department operations to include, maintaining accountability of equipment, scheduling maintenance of equipment, coordinating appointments of subordinates, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Serves as a team member on a rescue unit, ladder truck, engine company, water tender, or airport ARFF apparatus.
- Enters burning or contaminated structures, vehicles, and other immediately dangerous to life and health areas to fight fires and/or perform rescues while wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Acts as a crew member for structural fires, aircraft fires, rescue operations, medical emergencies, hazardous materials responses and other emergency events as directed in accordance with process and procedures identified in the department, standard operating procedures.
- Performs duties in support of organizational metrics.
- Adequately and honestly tracks all data related to metrics.
- Provides direct support to the achievement of all metrics related to the LOGCAP V.
- Attends meeting in the absence of the supervisor or as needed.
- Communicates professionally both orally and in writing with team members and others, as needed, to relay information necessary for job success.
- This includes, but is not limited to, performance appraisals, job requirements, division metrics, projects, quality standard procedures, and safety practices.
- Performs other duties as required.
- This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
- Minimum Qualifications: Education/Certifications: One-year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- OCN Qualifications/Experience Requirements:
- Five (5) Years of Fire Fighter Experience working on a DOD installation.
- Must be able to read/write and speak English.
- Certifications Required: Fire Fighter II, Hazmat Awareness and Operations.
- Airport Fire Fighter Certification or you must be able to obtain Airport Fire fighter certification within 6 months from date of hire.
- Possess the ability to demonstrate firefighter knowledge and skills in a professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow employees and management personnel at all levels to include multinational staff, and military officials.
- Strong ability to exercise professional discretion and good judgment and to understand the effect of decisions made.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in English both verbally and writing and must have good computer skills in MS-Word, MS-Excel, and MS-
- Working Conditions:
- Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms and high temperatures
- up to 130 degrees in the summer months.
- Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required.
- Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices.
- Must comply with all Fire Department, company, and Army safety policies.
- Must be able to respond and work in all types of weather and in less than ideal conditions and may have to enter hazardous environments.
- Must be able climb ladders to gain access to upper levels of buildings or to rescue individuals from burning structures or when trapped.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must meet or exceed physical requirements contained in the current edition NFPA 1582, including but not limited to the physical strength and ability to perform heavy and strenuous tasks for extended periods of time under dangerous and uncomfortable conditions, often while wearing bulky protective gear, including self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Must be available for recall and manage personnel issues off duty.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The post Firefighter Jobs & Vacancies appeared first on Online Jobs.