Package Plant Engineering Foreman – Anderbolt
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Prioritize and allocate resources for maintenance of process plant equipment to ensure safe and optimum machine reliability and availability.
- Safety: Ensures that OHS Act and the company safety rules and procedures are adhered to within the area of responsibility. Identifies risks for maintenance/factory activities and addresses them.
- Budget: Controls and executes work against budget and authorize spending within authority limits. Plans and proposes maintenance budget. Finds opportunities for budget reduction and savings projects without an impact on Reliability
- Projects: Acts as an engineering representative on site projects and conducts forward planning to help filter out the relevant and important projects in the department. Guarantees Early Equipment Maintenance implementation at beginning of the project. Ability to lead projects from end to end looking at design, budget creation and control as well as execution of the project.
- Plant Availability: Ensures that machines are maintained as required and according to the maintenance schedule (current improvement methodology on site is World Class Manufacturing)
- Develops and implements maintenance projects and standards by sourcing and evaluating materials and allocating and staff. Ensures that the spares required for maintenance are available and are procured according to quality specifications
- Ensures that breakdowns/ adjustment losses are handled promptly and proper root cause analysis (RCA) is done driving breakdown losses even further.
- Manages action plans from maintenance activities (condition-based maintenance, Maintenance Tags, RCA)
- Ensures that engineering-related losses are identified and eliminated/reduced.
- People: Lead a team of artisans and apprentices. This will include driving a professional Engineering culture that involves solving problems promptly and properly, at a high technical standard. Team management also includes setting up targets, monitoring performance and motivating the team.
- Completed a National Diploma in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Must have exposure to packaging digital and automation within FMCG/ Manufacturing environment
- Proficient leadership and management experience across large Teams, Stakeholders and Suppliers/ Third Parties/ Contractors
- Must have lead projects from end to end looking at design, budget creation/control and project execution.
- Must have experience leading Shift Artisans.
- Must have solid Budget Management experience
- Centralized Maintenance Management Systems experience will be an advantage (SAP / API pro)
- Must be willing to be appointed as a GMR2.7 if it is deemed necessary.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 23rd February 2021
Please apply online and your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Unilever is an equal opportunities employer and committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. We are intentional in employing the best talent that reflect the demographics of our country. We therefore invite applications from all candidates representing diversity of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. When appointing potential candidates, the South African Employment Equity and Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Legislation will be considered.
We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. If you are applying as a Foreign National, please note that you may be requested to provide supporting documents supporting this.
As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required to be considered. Your application status should read “Application Completed”.
Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Apply On Company Site
The post Unilever: Artisan Traineeship 2021 appeared first on Online Jobs.