Newcastle Municipality invites qualifying students to apply for Bursary Programme for 2021 academic year.
Bursary online application closing date is 19 March 2021
Newcastle Municipality are inviting students who reside in the Newcastle Municipality area to apply for their bursary programme. The financial study assistance award will cover studies within ANY field, at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa, from students who have Matriculated in Newcastle.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matric in Newcastle
- Must reside within the Newcastle Municipality area, in KwaZulu-Natal
- Must be between 14 and 35 years old (according to the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa Number 108 of 1996: https://www.gov.za/sites/default/files/gcis_document/201409/a19-96.pdf)
- Must be studying or intend on studying towards a tertiary qualification in ANY field of study
- Must be studying or registered to study at a government recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Must meet the requirements of your intended field of study
- Preference will be given to students with strong academic records
How to apply
Download and completed the: Newcastle Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms can be collected from the Newcastle Municipality: 37 Murchison Street, Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal, 2940 (Office F26 and Office G27).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online bursary application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional acceptance to study at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ bank statements or company documents if self-employed/ proof of grant or pension if applicable/ death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of residential address in Newcastle
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Private Bag X6621
2) Hand delivery:
Office F26 and Office G27
37 Murchison Street
(Please note: emailed and faxed applications will NOT be accepted).
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Newcastle Municipality directly:
1) Sphamandla Hlathswayo (Community Liaison officer: Office of the Mayor) – Tel: 034 328 7776 / 082 222 4562
2) Mandla Kubheka (Youth Development Coordinator: Office of the Mayor) – Tel: 076 818 7979
Please do not contact the Newcastle Municipality if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
(This bursary listing was last updated on: 26 February 2021 at 11:23).
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom