United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) invites unemployed graduates to apply SDG Financing Graduate / Internship Programme 2021.
Internship Application Closing Date : 28 March 2021
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
The intern will provide relevant statistical analysis and support in the development of COVID19 adapted responses, particularly connected with the ongoing fiscal and financial packages and the building back better approach with a more robust approach to financing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Particular importance will be given to the ability to formulate responses connected with digital financing mechanisms, as well scenarios and foresight building to assess the potential trajectories of development finance flows and implications for national priorities and the SDG.
The intern will advocate for the SDGs Financing agenda, represents UNDP in meetings, and takes minutes as requested by his/her supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compilation, analysis and interpretation of financing flows related data, providing thorough research of the public and private financing issues of the client countries that the Hub is covering;
- Provide statistical analysis on financing related issues in the client country and the development of relevant graphs and visuals; A.O.B as assigned.
- Collect and analyze information for programme development connected with the COVID19 and SDG financing related responses
- Provide assistance to programme implementation and monitoring where requested.
- Advocate and support the SDG Financing agenda through research, preparing presentations and by participating in relevant forums, conferences and trainings.
- Support to monitoring progress and formulation of SDG Financing.
- Support management of events and consultation meetings related to SDG Financing.
- Degree in Economics
- No work experience necessary but must be eager and proactive.
- Interest and familiarity with development issues including Financing for Development related agenda and South-South Cooperation
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to provide quality policy notes and briefs on financing issues
- Good research and data management skills
- Statistical and analytic skills
How to apply
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom