Wits Health Consortium invites applicants for 3 x HSE Graduate / Internship Programme 2021.
Internship Application deadline is 29 March 2021
Internship Location: Office of the Health Systems Enablement & Innovation Unit, Centurion
Advert reference number: Intern – HSEI
The Health Systems Enablement & Innovation (HSEI), based at the University of the Witwatersrand, studies enablement amongst individual patients, patient populations, health services and health systems with a particular focus on underserved or vulnerable populations.
The aim is to help South Africa and African underserved and vulnerable populations and their national health systems realize their true potential. HSEI supports national health systems through healthcare delivery redesign, professional advice and research guided by our motto “Dignity through healthcare.”
We seek a dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated intern to be part of our research team. The Intern will provide support to studies conducted within the unit, assist with the collection of data, and any other activities required.
Key performance areas
1. Research Support
- Assist in Proposal development.
- Ensure study ethical clarence is obtained
- Adhere to Good Clinical Practice Standards.
- Support the study staff in ensuring the appropriate monitoring and study registers, logs/tools are
- used and the data captured.
- Address relevant concerns and misconceptions about the study and report to study staff.
- Cross-cutting M&E project team including follow up of participants.
2. Data collection and analysis:
- Collect, manage and maintain quality data for research and operations purposes.
- Development and Use of Qualitative data collection tools.
- Conducting in depth interviews, document reviews and focus group discussions.
- Transcribing the interviews data and analysis of qualitative data.
- Use of STATA/SPSS to analyse quantitative data, and presentation of findings
3. Literature review:
- Use Navigating library databases.
- Conducting literature search.
- Presenting literature review.
- General administrative support to the staff.
- Excellent organisational skills; attention to detail and a focus on quality and innovation.
- Ensure effective time management.
- Compile l reports as required.
- Organise trainings, meeting and seminars as required.
- Preparation of meeting documents (Agenda etc.).
- Minute taking and distribution.
- Printing, copying, scanning document reviews will be required from time to time.
5. Capacity development and continuous training:
- Participate in all capacity development activities conducted in the unit.
- Acquire a Good General Practice certificate.
- Participate in all research training being conducted.
- Be responsible for continuous self-development,
Required minimum education and training
- Honours Degree or equivalent in Commerce/Economics/Health Sciences/Public Health/Information Science.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate and follow instruction,
- Communicate effectively with the Research team, management and participants.
- Work effectively, collaboratively and amicably with team.
- Traveling and overtime/working over weekends may be required from time to time.
- Ability to work with patients and health facility staff.
How to apply
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to [email protected]. Please include the following documentation:
- A cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for
- A detailed CV
The subject heading of the email must read Intern: HSEI and the job title of position applying for.
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of the Witwatersrand. A division of Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Ltd.
The Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates. Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications unsuccessful.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom