Overberg District Municipality invites suitable candidates to apply for Bursary Programme 2021 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing date is 08 April 2021.
Overberg District Municipality invites suitably qualified students who completed their Grade 12 to apply for a bursary specifically in the recommended study fields below.
External municipal bursaries are awarded to help develop students within the municipal area of the Overberg District,and who are from the historically disadvantaged social groups and/or individuals with disabilities who are studying:
- Towards their first degree in any field of study
- Their first National Diploma in any field of study.
Students who are eligible and have qualified for the bursary, will be assisted with financial needs whilst studying. Assistance includes but is not limited to the following:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Examination fees
- Cost of books and study materials.
- Accommodation fees.
Recommended Study Fields
- Supply Chain Management
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
- Infrastructuree.g. Civil Engineering, Town Planning, Architectural, Chemical Engineering
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must satisfy the following criteria before applying for the bursary. Failure to do this will result in disqualification of their application.
- You must be a resident of Overberg District Municipality area
- You must have attained the age of 18 or be below 35 years.
- You must be a citizen of South Africa with valid South African ID.
- Provide proof of acceptance to a selected learning institution with your registration details.
- You must adhere to the entry requirements of the selected institution
- Your household income per month should be less than the GAP threshold.
- Be registered to study at an accredited learning institution in South Africa.
- Only those pursuing their first Degree or National Diploma will be considered to receive a bursary.
- Fees of successful applicants will be paid directly to the academic institutions.
- The bursary will be applied to cover study fees and if possible and/or necessary other essential needs.
How to Apply
Once you meet the above requirements, download the Overberg District Municipality Bursary Application Form. Ensure you fill in all details required, then attach the following documents. Failure to include this may result in the application not being considered.
- A certified copy of your ID.
- Provide a certified copy of your grade 12 certificate.
- If studying, provide a full tertiary academic record written on a tertiary letterhead.
- Provide a document showing proof of registration or acceptance to the tertiary institution.
- Provide a statement, invoice, or account details of the broken-down study fees on a tertiary letterhead.
- Provide a document to show proof of residency, either a residential address or a municipal account.
- Provide certified copies of your parents’ or guardians’ ID documents.
- Provide a document of proof of your household income.
- Provide a document of assurance that you do not receive any full bursary or help fromany institution.
Completed application forms with the above mentioned certified documents must be delivered to the Overberg District Municipal offices by hand or it can be mailed to the Department of Human Resources, Private Bag X22, Bredasdorp,7280.
No applications by e-mail or fax will be considered.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom