Company: Gauteng Department of Health
Job Title: Porter
Location: OR Tambo, Ebony Park, Hillbrow, Alexandra
Closing Date: 09 April 2021
- Reference Number : refs/008533
- Directorate : ADMINISTRATION
- Location : ABCEF SUB-DISTRICT
- Package : R102 534 Per Annum Plus benefits
- Load and off-load patients from ambulances and private vehicle on to the stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Accompany ambulant patients to Out Patients at the directive of Nursing personnel or supervisor.
- Fetching patients from the ward to other clinical areas and to taxis outside the hospital. Clean stretchers and wheelchairs and prepare for re-use.
- Recording of patients’ movement from one point to another as directive from your supervisors and nursing personnel.
- Assisting Clinicians and Nursing in transportation of patients as requested so.
- Ensuring cleanliness of all stretchers and wheelchairs and timeous reporting of faulty equipment to your Principals.
- Always ensure that clean linen is separated from soiled linen to prevent cross infection.
- Fold soiled linen and place into laundry bags. Place clean linen on to stretchers.
- Perform any other Portering tasks as delegated by the supervisor.
- Grade 10 or Standard 8.
- Abet Training, Ability to read and Write.
- Experience in hospital environment.
- Good physical health, good interpersonal relations.
- Good communication skills.
- Exposure to a CHC environment.
- Comply to all Health and Safety rules and always putting on provided uniform and safety clothing at all times.
- Always wearing your identity name tag when executing your official duties.
How to apply
Applications must fully completed on a new Z83 form (download here) accompanied by a comprehensive CV highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above; and certified copies of ID, qualifications and other documents attached.
Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Applications received after closing date will not be accepted.
Applications must be submitted to this email: [email protected]
If you have not being consulted in three months or more after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. People with disabilities are welcome to apply
- Enquiries : Mrs. BT Ramasehla Contact Details: 011-472-7665
The post Hospital Porter & Cleaners appeared first on Online Jobs.