BedRock, part of the TWK Group, has the following vacancy available: Electrician within RPiet Retief, Mpumalanga.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Manually test fibre-optic cable assemblies
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, regulators and electrical systems as per operational requirements
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries (UPS) and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Always maintain a safe work environment
- Give feedback to his manager on condition of machinery, equipment and other electrical and non-electrical systems as required
- Be able to troubleshoot and do fault finding in all aspects of the mill, including non-electrical equipment and machinery.
Qualifications and Skills
- Matric / Grade 12
- Red seal trade tested qualified artisan
- At least three years’ experience in an industrial environment
- Experience in HT, or holds a valid HT Switching certificate (advantageous)
- Submit an exit medical certificate of health from previous employer
- Basic knowledge of VSD’s and Soft Starters
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic systems and hydraulic drawings (advantageous)
- Knowledge of wood-disc chippers (advantageous)
- Have a fair understanding of proximity switches and limits
- Have at least a basic knowledge of PLC’s and Scada system
- Have strong communication and organisational skills
- Be a team player and have strong interpersonal skills
- Have problem solving skills and must be a pragmatic person
- Be available to do standby duties on a rotational basis and be available to work over weekends as required
- Be a versatile artisan with basic mechanic, mechanical and even boiler making skills
- Valid driver’s licence
- Have a full set of tools as prescribed
The post TWK Agri: Electrician appeared first on Online Jobs.