Job Title: Internships
Location: All Provinces, South Africa
The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed graduates who conform to the requirements for participation in a twelve (12) months Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Internship in all the Provinces. The Workplace Integrated Learning (WIL) Internship is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
- Must be between ages 18 – 35
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of National Senior Certificate or equivalent (NCV L4)
- Must have no previous criminal conviction(s) or case(s) pending
- Applicants must be unemployed, never employed in field of the advertised post and never participated in an internship programme relevant to the field of the post
- Applicants must be residents of the provinces where the post is advertised
- Applicants are restricted to apply for only 3 positions (complete separate application form for each post reference number)
The Internship Opportunities available in the following locations / police stations:
Mthata – Ref: 01/2021
East London – Ref: 02/2021
Humewood – Ref: 03/2021
Cambridge – Ref: 04/2021
Lusikisiki – Ref: 05/2021
Witbank – Ref: 06/2021
Piet Retief – Ref: 07/2021
KwaMhlanga – Ref: 08/2021
Barberton – Ref: 09/201
White River – Ref: 10/2021
Honeydew – Ref: 11/2021
Pretoria Central – Ref: 12/2021
Tembisa – Ref: 13/2021
Randfontein – Ref: 14/2021
Johannesburg Central – Ref: 15/2021
Plessislaer – Ref: 16/2021
Durban Central – Ref: 17/2021
Umlazi – Ref: 18/2021
Phoenix – Ref: 19/2021
Pinetown – Ref: 20/2021
Thohoyandou – Ref: 21/2021
Seshego – Ref: 22/2021
Giyani – Ref: 23/2021
Lebowakgomo – Ref: 24/2021
Tubatse – Ref: 25/2021
Parkroad – Ref: 26/2021
Welkom – Ref: 27/2021
Thabong – Ref: 28/2021
Bethlehem – Ref: 29/2021
Bloemspruit – Ref: 30/2021
Delft – Ref: 31/2021
Khayelitsha – Ref: 32/2021
Phillipi East – Ref: 33/2021
Nyanga – Ref: 34/2021
Harare – Ref: 35/2021
Kimberely – Ref: 36/2021
Galeshewe – Ref: 37/2021
Upington – Ref: 38/2021
Mothibistad – Ref: 39/2021
Kuruman – Ref: 40/2021
Rustenburg – Ref: 41/2021
Klerksdorp – Ref: 42/2021
Brits – Ref: 43/2021
Mahikeng – Ref: 44/2021
Ikageng – Ref: 45/2021
Intern category with minimum requirements:
Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required
* Be in possession of NQF 6 or higher qualification of which the following subjects are compulsory:
Criminology1, 2 and 3/Expert in the scientific study of crime and criminals. Data Analysis course/module
will be an advantage.
* Study of the crimes around the station’s precinct
* Study the causes of crime around the station’s precinct
* Study the impact/effects of crime around the area
* Analyse the data to determine why the crime was committed and find ways to:
(ii) Detect and prevent further criminal behaviour
NB: Stipend will be as determined by the Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority (SASSETA)
How to Apply
- Only the official application form for the Workplace Integrated Learning (WIL) Internship (available on the SAPS website) will be accepted.
- All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly indicated on the application form.
Download Application Form
A Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form and proof of residence. Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to application. Certified copies should not be older than 3 months.
Please Send your application to the relevant address from the list below
Post to: South African Police Service Human Resource Development Private Bag x7471 King William’s Town 5600
or Hand deliver at: Buffalo Street Old Griffitt Mxenge Blg Block K, Room 10 Zwelitsha
Post to: South African Police Service Human Resource Development No 7 Ferreira Street Nelspruit 1200
or Hand deliver: No 7 Ferreira Street Nelspruit 1200
Post to: South African Police Service Human Resource Development Private Bag X 57 Braamfontein 2017
or Hand deliver: 16 Empire Road Park Town
Post to: South African Police Service Human Resource Development P O Box 1965 Durban 4000
or Hand deliver: 15 Braam Fischer Road Durban
Post to: South African Police Service Human Resource Development Private Bag X 94 Polokwane 0700
or Hand deliver: 81 Biccard Street Polokwane
Post to: South African Police Service Human Resource Development Private Bag X 20501 Bloemfontein 9300
or Hand deliver: C/O East Burger & Charles Street TAB Building 3 rd Floor
Post to: South African Police Service Human Resource Development Private Bag X 5001 Kimberley 8300
or Hand deliver: 16 Warren Street Old Gladstone Building De Beers Kimberley
Post to: South African Police Service Human Resource Development Private Bag X 801 Potchefstroom 2520
or Hand deliver: 147 Wilmar Building Walter Sisulu Street Potchefstroom (Auto Avenue c/o Embert Street next to Labour Building)
Post to: South African Police Service Human Resource Development Private Bag X 9004 Cape Town 8000
or Hand deliver: Customs House Heerengracht Street Foreshore Cape Town
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered. The closing date for all applications is 2021-02-19.
- If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview. Shortlisted applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 2 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- A stipend will be paid according to proof of relevant qualification.
- Recommended candidates will be expected to sign a 12 month internship contract.
- Workplace Integrated Learning (WIL) Internship in the SAPS may not be regarded as a guarantee for automatic absorption for permanent appointment.
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered
- Only certificate of qualifications will be accepted, and not a statement of results
The post SAPS: Internships for 2021 appeared first on Online Jobs.