University of Pretoria (UP) invites applicants to apply for Veterinary Internships Programme 2021.
Internship Application Closing Date: 22 April 2021
Internship Location: Pretoria
The Faculty of Veterinary Science is offering a wonderful opportunity for Junior Veterinarians who want to gain more experience as an Intern in the Equine Clinic and learn from the best specialists.
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Clinical service in the Equine section of the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital, including a 24-hour and weekend service;
- Administrative duties associated with clinical work;
- Assist with teaching and clinical/ practical training of undergraduate veterinary and para-veterinary students;
- Assist clinicians with research and publications;
- Other clinical/ academic duties as delegated by the line manager; and
- Community engagement activities, including clinical duties at community clinics associated with the University.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration/Authorisation as a Veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise; and
- Adequate subject knowledge necessary for the post.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet);and
- After-hours availability.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Commitment to further academic development.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be R288, 510 per annum.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV; and
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom