City of Johannesburg Municipality invites applicants to apply for Events Support Officers Internships Programme 2021.
Internship Application Closing Date: 21 April 2021
Internship Location : Johannesburg
This Internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of an academic qualification.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Group Communication and Marketing Department has the following Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
- Protocol, diplomacy and etiquette.
- Planning, design, production and implementation of events, which includes all project delivery elements within time limits from conceptualisation to end.
- Conferring with client and key stakeholders of the department to determine event requirements.
- Responding to queries.
- On-the-day logistics of events, running post-event follow-up with participants, and evaluating events.
- Organising, planning and executing virtual and hybrid events.
- Administrative work, e.g. minute- and report-writing, compilation of briefing packs. etc.
- Grade 12 / Matric;
- Confirmation letter from institution;
- Ages between 18 – 35 years; and
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Diploma or Certificate in:
- Event management,
- Public relations,
- Hospitality industry;
- Strong interpersonal and communicating skills (both rally and in writing).
- Strong team working skills, the ability to work independently and seize opportunities.
- Strong computer skills and creative problem-solving.
- Batho Pele principles.
How to apply
For latest South African lastest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Bursaries follow / like our Facebook page StudentRoom