This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Operating Division: TPT Nqgura CT
Position Title: Port Worker
Employee Group : Non-Permanent
Reporting To: Operations Coordinator
Grade Level: HRLYL1
Reference Number: 20200970
The provision of labor as directed by the supervisor in order to ensure a safe and clean working environment or optimized cargo
1. Cleaning of operational equipment (such as ship to shore cranes, windows, cranes, and Cabins, etc.)
2. Inspection of container condition
3. Reefer monitoring operations
4. Opening and closing of rail wagons twist locks.
5. Loading, offloading and stacking of cargo in compliance with the standard operating procedures
7. Tarping/untarring where applicable.
8. Place/removed damage
9. Cleaning of the operational environment, rail, truck, workshop, offices, Sheds, and ablution facilities as instructed.
10. Complete applicable i.e accident report
11. Identification of correct cargo handling equipment/ tools.
Qualifications & Experience:
Matric with a minimum of 2 years experience as a port worker/ general worker
Grade 10 with a minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar work environment.
How to Apply Here: Data Overview – Port Worker X50
Attention to detail
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public, and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]