Murray & Roberts Cementation invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Winder Technician. The successful candidate will report directly to the General Engineering Supervisor. The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA) candidates. Applications only open to South African Citizens / Permanent Residents.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- 5 years’ experience as a Winder Technician in the mining industry
- 5 years’ experience as an Electrician
- Experience with MV Switching, PLC controllers with HMI on Winders, Conveyor Belts and loading arrangements, sequence starters, compressors, main fans and transformers
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not be limited to:
- Ensure effective self and team supervision in alignment with MR&C values and Leadership initiatives
- Electrical equipment installations are constructed and maintained according to agreed standards, procedures and specifications
- Compliance with SHEQ, MR&C and client standards, policies, procedures and safety protocols
- Safety of the teams under his/her control
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Relevant NQF Level 5 qualification plus a N5 or N6 qualification, must include electrical heavy current and control systems Mechanical or Electrical Artisan Trade Certificate [Section 26] or National Engineering Diploma
- Section 26 Electrical Trade certificate/ MIETTB (Mining Industry Engineering Trades Training Board) Trade certificate through a registered body e.g.
i) Olifantsfontein, pre1994
ii) ESTC (Engineering Skills Training Centre) James Park
iii) Goldfields Training Academy (GFA) or Contract of Apprenticeship signed off by employer and Department of Manpower.
- Valid Code EB driver’s license
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Proficient in MS Office
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- Murray & Roberts reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The post Murray & Roberts Jobs & Vacancies appeared first on Online Jobs.