Company: Johannesburg Roads Agency
Job Title: General Worker
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 07/2021
POOL OF GENERAL WORKERS: REGION A – G DEPOTS, TRAFFIC SIGNALS AND TRAFFIC MARKINGS, RESURFACING DEPOT, FLEET AND PLANT DEPOT, MOTORWAYS DEPOT, ASPHALT AND LABORATORY
SALARY: R110 430.31 BASIC SALARY PER ANNUM EXCLUDING BENEFITS.
- Direct traffic around hazards or work taking place on the road, setting out temporary road signs, traffic cones, and barricades at work sites in line with standard operating procedures.
- Build and/or repair concrete kerbing that forms an edge between the pavement and the roadway.
- Work on building and/or repairing stormwater Kerb Inlets (KIs).
- Assist the crane operator/s in pulling concrete slabs when necessary. Ensure that KIs are cleaned and unblocked when required.
- Clear the earth channel/open channel. Clean appropriate tools.
- Complete all other activities in the inspection sheet.
- Respond to citizen concerns and complaints at job site.
- Perform manual labour as instructed by standard operating procedures including butmnot limited to the following: dig ditches; clean and install culverts; remove debris from roadway and shoulders; repair potholes and /or cracked and broken pavement for patching.
- Install stormwater pipes and work on building and/or repairing road manholes where necessary.
- Building and/or repairing speed humps.
- Repairing potholes and footways. Working on tarred and/or gravel surfaces etc. using relevant tools and machinery. Resurfacing.
- Deep patching and skin patching. Road marking. Crack Sealing. Trim trees, shrubs,and other plants; mow, cut, stack, and chip vegetation; haul vegetation and other debris; load and apply sand and gravel a to roads.
- Load and move road materials; excavate dirt and other materials, dig ditches, rip asphalt, install culvert pipes, back fill trenches, cut road grade, clear brush and debris and widen roads; spread paving materials, smooth and level gravel roadways, remove slides and contour roadways; spread rock chips for road bed; road sealing.
- Ensure that sites, equipment and tools are clean, and that waste is removed and loaded onto the trucks for dumping.
- Complete all other activities in the inspection sheet
- Grade 10 or NQF equivalent.
- Six (6) months’ experience in handling road construction maintenance and/or building machinery
How to apply
Interested applicants must submit their CV’s with a covering letter stating the reference number as well as attaching certified copies of qualifications i.e Grade 10 (Std 8) school report or Grade 12 (matric) certificate and certified copy of ID (Certified copies should not be older than 6 months).
Can submit via this email address: [email protected]
Hand deliver applications at the nearest depot or Head Office between 08:00 to 15:00 on working days
Region – A: Contact Lindelani Netshikweta 087 285 0010 /087 285 0015 Midrand Depot No 6 Dale Road, Corner Glen and Austin Road Midrand near testing station
Region – B: Contact Nomfundo Lushozi 011 673 1253 Waterval Depot Corner Johannes and albert Albertsville Waterval
Region – B: Contact Donald Lebeya 011 699 5300 Strydom Park Depot No 1 Hanschoeman Road, Corner Malibongwe Road Strydom Park
Region – C: Contact Patience Mohlauli 011 672 6333 Hamberg Depot 159 Albertina Sisulu Street Florida
Region – D: Contact Lusanda Mdluli 011 989 2930/011 989 0019 Dobsonville Depot No 2 Jonas Moabi Street Dobsonville near SAPS Station
Region – E: Contact Washington Sehlaga 011 727 5300 Norwood Depot Corner William and Cydonai Orchard
Region- E : Contact – E Palesa Kekana 011 444 5953 Zandfontein Depot Commerce prescent Kramville Sundown – Sandton
Region – F: Contact Juliet Zulu 011 838 0310/ 011 838 9001 Traffic Signals and Traffic Markings
No.1 Hanry Nxumalo and Albertina Sisulu Newtown
Region – F: Contact Florence Moroape 011 870 4200/ 011 870 4221 Benrose Depot 185 Main Reef Road Fordsburg
Region – F: Contact Lulama Mathebula 011 298 2680/ 011 298 2666 Fleet and Plant 350 Albertina Sisulu & Parklane Street Fordsburg
Region – F : Contact Thobeka Baloyi 011 298 5292 Motorways Depot 20 End Street Meikle Street Johannesburg
Strategic Assets : Contact Zanele Nhlapo 011 493 7044/ 011 493 7076 Asphalt Plant and
Laboratory 8 Spring Road Ophirton Booysens
Strategic Assets : Contact Grace Lebepe 011 556 5309 Resurfacing Depot No 9 Stephen Road
Region – G : Contact Elias Mcakula 011 947 1002 Avalon Depot 1 Calendular Road Klipspruit West Eldorado Park Soweto
Head Office: : Contact Precious Ngolele Tebogo Thobejane 011 298 5000/ 011 491 5630/ 011 298 5269
Head Office No. 75 Helen Joseph Street Cnr Helen Joseph and Harrison Street Johannesburg
ONE CV, ONE DEPOT AND ONE METHOD OF DELIVERY (HAND DELIVERY OR EMAIL). IF YOU SUBMIT YOUR CV AT TWO DEPOTS, IT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
The post EPWP: General Worker X50 appeared first on Online Jobs.