- Alberton, South Africa
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The key purpose of this role is for the incumbent to be trained as a qualified tradesman and to gain knowledge and experience as an artisan in the chosen trade.
Complete the 3-4 year apprentice programme as per company/seta requirements
Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
Compliance with all safety, health and environmental procedures and legislation
Maintain safe and clean working environment
To be trained and gain knowledge and experience in
Locating plant, equipment, spares and relevant documentation / systems
Planning, budgeting and preparing for a job
Evaluate and repair breakdowns and maintenance
Continuously improve (optimise) plant, process equipment and systems
Machine specific technical competence
- Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science
- Minimum National Technical certificate (N4) to complete a program in the various Trades:
- 1 x Electrical or Electronics
- 1 x fitter & Turner
- 1 x Millwright
- 1 x Instrument Mechanician
- Or higher in the relevant engineering discipline (N5/N6 would be advantageous).
- Engineering Aptitude
- Desirable But Not Essential
- Owner Mindset
- Primary challenges:
- Ability to work effectively in teams (team player) and independently
- Self-driven /motivated and action orientated
- Mental alertness, analytical and problem solving skills
- Coaching ability
- Problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Conceptual skills
- Desire to grow competence and capability
- Physically fit, good vision and must not be colour blind.
- Flexible working arrangements (e.g. ability to do shift work, overtime)
- Willing to attend periods of training in Johannesburg
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
Kindly attach cv in PDF format
ABInBev is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company.
Click here to Apply Artisan Traineeship 2021
The post SAB: Apprentice 2021 appeared first on Latest Jobs.