Job ID: 7829
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Function: Retail Stores
Workplace Type: Stores
Province: Free State
Location: Free State All Areas
As part of the public-private initiative lead by the Presidency to address the youth unemployment crisis in our country, TFG is creating work opportunities for unemployed youth in South Africa. We invite young South Africans, who are hungry to enter the job market, to get a chance at a life-changing first work experience in our exciting retail environment!
If you meet the requirements listed, grab this opportunity to gain valuable work experience, coupled with ongoing training and support. Successful candidates will be given a 12-month contract to work in one of our retail brands, and be upskilled on a variety of retail activities in store.
- Being an ambassador for our TFG brands and offering amazing retail experiences to our customers. Exceed
- Customer expectations by identifying and providing them with the best possible service.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of our diverse product range and keeping up to date with the latest décor and fashion trends.
- Searching out opportunities for making new sales.
- Actively achieving sales targets, while keeping track of sales performance against target.
- Assist with general housekeeping and replenishing of stock to ensure the store is ready for our customers at all times.
To be Eligible for this program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Aged between 18 to 29 years old Matric (Preferable)
- Available and willing to work a fixed term 12 month contract
- Should not have been employed permanently with a single employer continuously for more than 1 year
- Should not be studying full time in the year of employment (April 21 – March 22)
- Should not have participated / registered on the YES programme before
- Accommodation and transportation for the applicants own account (if applicable)
- Competencies and behaviours for success:
- High energy Positive attitude Hungry for opportunity
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the store by participating in all store retail activities
Applicants will go through a recruitment process, and if successful, be placed in host stores across TFG’s retail brands.
Successful candidates will receive a monthly salary, and work readiness training which will help to prepare and guide them through their work experience.
Preference will be given to candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
The post Youth Opportunity for 2021 appeared first on Online Jobs.