Coca-Cola Cleaner needed – Apply Now. Job Description
Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has an exciting opportunity in our Logistics department. We are looking for a talented individual with relevant skills and experience for a Cleaner role, which is based in Lakeside. The successful candidate will report directly to the Supervisor. Key Purpose: To ensure the cleanliness of prescribed work areas as directed by the Supervising Officer, using the prescribed methods and frequencies in line with the requirements of the cleaning specification.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Emptying and cleaning of waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points. • Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops. • Mopping floors with wet or damp mops. • Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets. • Using electrically powered scrubbing and polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish and spray clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training). • Using electrically powered pick up machines. • Working at heights may include using high level equipment. • To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, windowsills, external surfaces of cupboards, shelves and fitments.
• To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) as directed or in line with standard operating procedures. • To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains. • Deep cleaning of ablutions. • Cleaning of Drains. • Working in the gardens which may include removal of weed, using of pesticides, cutting of lawns and pruning of trees and shrubs. • The use of chemical agents as directed by the Supervising Officer in the execution of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
• To undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning at prescribed heights limits. • To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job. • Cleaners are to report to the supervisor or Team leader in charge, any factors that are likely to affect his/her work which they consider that the caretaker or cleaner in charge should be aware. • The location of cleaning areas may need to be changed to meet the needs of the establishment.
• May be can be required to work alone or in teams. • Not necessarily appointed to a specific location within the establishment. • May be expected to train colleagues on the job from time to time. • All staff are expected to be courteous to colleagues and visitors and provide a welcoming environment to all on site.
Skills, Experience & Education
• Grade 12/ Matric • Ideally experience in an FMCG environment • Literate and numerate.