Company: eThekwini Municipality
Job title: Apprentice / Learner
Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Closing date: 04 June 2021
eThekwini Municipality is offering training opportunities to individuals with a genuine interest in pursuing a career to qualify as an artisan in any of the identified trades.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants to participate in the eThekwini Municipal Artisan Development Programme in various trades for a period of the trade programme, which would be no longer than three years.
- N2 certificate inclusing the relevant trade theory subject;
- or Technical/Grade 12 with Maths and Physical Science/ Engineering science and related trade theory subject; or
- Relevant (directly related to the trade theory subjects) N6 certificate or National Technical diploma (S or N stream)
- Be eThekwini Residents (proof of residence required)
- Be a South African citizen with valid identity document (ID)
- Applicants must be unemployed;
- Must have passion and interest on the fields applied for;
- Applicants must be between the age of 18 -30 years;
- Applicants should not have participated in a similar apprenticeship programme before;
Opportunities are in the following trades:
- Mechanical Fitting
- Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
- Motor or Diesel Mechanic
- Auto Electrician
- Boiler Making
Applicants will be required to undergo various pre-assessments as part of the recruitment process for consideration.
Candidates will be required to complete an apprenticeship programme as per the specified and regulated criteria of the applicable Seta and the National Artisan Moderating Body. The programme will involve practical training on-site as well as attendance at a training institution to obtain the theory component. At the end of the training programme, the apprentice will undergo a formal trade test to qualify as an Artisan in the relevant trade.
How to Apply
Click here to Apply for Artisan Assistant
Click on the relevant Trade to Apply:
The post Ethekwini Municipality: Apprenticeship / Learnerships 2021 appeared first on Online Jobs.