DEPARTMENT : Community Services
DURATION : 12 Months (EPWP Fixed Contract)
STATION : Within Sekhukhune District Municipality
- Grade 12,
- Fire Fighter 1/ Further Education Training Certificate
- Qualification in Fire and Rescue Operations, Hazmat Awareness,
- First Aid Level 3 or
- CODE C1 Driver’s License plus one year experience in Emergency
KEY PERFOMANCE AREAS: Fire, rescue and humanitarian services.
THE FOLLOWING ARE TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
- Perform effective and efficient fire services, and respond to fire incidents in and out of the area of jurisdiction;
- Perform special services as notified;
- Perform humanitarian services, respond to all emergency incidents;
- Ensure effective and efficient fire
- Ensure inspections of fire equipment.
- Any other tasks assigned from time to time by seniors in the District.
- Must be medically fit and healthy when reporting as per NFPA 1021,
- Must be able to handle stressful situations,
- Must not be claustrophobic,
- Must not be alto phobic,
Sekhukhune District Municipality is an equal opportunity. Affirmative action employer.
It is our intention to promote representatives (in terms of race, gender and disability) in the District Municipality through the filling of these positions and candidates whose appointments will promote representatives will receive preference.
Please hand deliver your application letter with the detailed CV and certified copies of qualifications to:
Department of Corporate Services for the Attention: Mr Buurman Mphaga
@the following address: The Municipal Manager, Sekhukhune District Municipality,
Private Bag X 8611, Groblersdal, 0470. Tel. (013) 262 7738/7774/75 @ Bareki Mall
Groblersdal on or before the 4
th of June 2021.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FAXED AND E-MAILED CV`S ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Sekhukhune District Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you do not receive
any response from us within three months from the date of this advertisement, please
accept that your application was unsuccessful. Canvassing for employment on the
Council is strictly prohibited. Visit our website at www.sekhukhune.gov.za.